Featured Young Athena cameo ??? Set in 9ct gold

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Simona Buhus, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Good thought.

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's one reason I got a 10K class ring. It cost less than the 14k and would wear better. I also knew that sooner or later it would land in its box and I wouldn't wear it for years. Which I haven't. My high school ring is costume for the same reasons.

Bronwen likes this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Think I was lured into buying a college ring because they were having a sale on 14K. I hadn't planned on getting one, but decided it had taken me so long & several institutions of higher learning to reach my degree, I deserved to commemorate it. (I didn't go to a graduation ceremony.) Then decided that if I was going to get 14K, I might as well pick a diamond for the little stone, for a little bit more. Of course I never wear it, but it must have some melt down value.

Figtree3 and Simona Buhus like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

My dad bought class rings he knew he'd never wear too. At the time gold prices were regulated, and a size 6 ring cost the same as a 14 ... so he got the 14s. They're mostly 10k and weigh a ton. He always figured if it came down to it they could be melted. So of course no one would melt them, but there's a pile of gold weight there. These days they live in a safe deposit box.

Gus Tuason and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted