Yard Sale Find - WWII German Helmet + WWI(?) Field Glasses Signed

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by journeymagazine, Jan 28, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

They booted my helmet off eBay saying it promoted hatred even though I used same title as 1 that sold - then I noticed other helmets didn't show clear view of swastika !
    Will have to sell it locally now.

wlwhittier likes this.
  2. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Watch it! The thought police will getcha!!

You might try craigslist...

3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised. not a good idea at all with eBay, (other members grass/report). I'd be very careful selling anything remotely connected again or they'll kick you off

2 strikes n all

wlwhittier likes this.
  4. wlwhittier

I had a similar rejection a few ears back. There were at that time at least 4 others offered that didn't get taken down. When I called with my ...but what about those others?, I was told: it's like speeding tickets; not everyone who speeds gets pulled over. I whined about selective enforcement...they politely reminded me not to relist the item.

charlie cheswick likes this.
  5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

I thought you could list helmets on Ebay if the swastikas were blacked out .So Journey shouldn't risk resubmitting the edited version ?
    ***PS-I found 15 sold Luftschutz Helmets on Ebay just now-only 1 though showed a clear decal front decal.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    wlwhittier likes this.
  6. wlwhittier

If they getcha (an' I think they surveil offenders who have been warned) there are unpleasant penalties...and THEN they increase surveillance of the offender even more. My answer is: under no circumstances, if'n y'wanna keep doin' business on th' Bay. Their bite lasts!

charlie cheswick and Bakersgma like this.
  7. bosko69

Sounds VERBOTEN ! Journey,sorry buddy,looks like you hit the tripwire.What would we do without Ebay,and what do we with Ebay !

wlwhittier likes this.
  8. journeymagazine

I'm not posting again; I screwed up & so be it - I need eBay more than they need me! I made $1,050 over weekend on there for a Carver's Guild mirror and a broken "Selling for repair or parts only" Linn Sondek turntable.

I listed the Sondek for $595 obo and had 2 offers for $650 within a couple of hours! BUT, I didn't realize it was 2 offers for same amount and accepted first offer;

1) I could have sent message saying there were 2 offers & first $700 takes it
    2) the one I accepted is in Calif. while the 2nd one I missed is in NY - this thing is heavy(!) and I'm sure I'll spend an extra $40+ shipping it to Calif.!

wlwhittier likes this.
  9. bosko69

Journey-You're a man of many hidden talents ! Don't think I've seen you share turntables & carvers guild mirrors before-you are a man of many mysteries.

wlwhittier likes this.
  10. journeymagazine

Art is the one I like the most - and am the worst at (and the majority of my request for help here!)

wlwhittier likes this.
  11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

You could blank out the swastika and just state in the description that the emblem is complete and in very good condition.

wlwhittier likes this.
  12. bosko69

I studied art history in college and was a commercial artist for 35 years-so developed a pretty good eye.That doesn't mean I'll like a lot the of trendy new art that the new rich in West Palm collect,a lot of it to me sucks but can still be worth some big bucks !
    I've looked at so much of the old masters up to the 1970'a museum stuff-that much of the new work that has merit might fly right over my head.The current great collectors are like chess players-always thinking 10 steps ahead of the current market-buying for the future.Of course it helps to have an 10-100 million investment fund when you're buying on future spec.There are artists now currently selling for $500-$1000 per piece who'll easily be worth 10 to 20 times to who knows more than that in 5-10 years,I just can't guess who they'd be.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    wlwhittier likes this.
  13. charlie cheswick

Blimey whit, that would put the serious shits up me, I'm scared of listing anything after that :nailbiting::nailbiting::):p

wlwhittier likes this.
  14. charlie cheswick

I ain't looking down on journey for buying such things by the way,

Can't explain it without it sounding bad, but........ some of it is pretty cool

wlwhittier likes this.
  15. bosko69

SCHULZ.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted