Featured WWII American POW Letters Found Behind An Old Photo Frame-American Civilian Captured By The Japanese

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by SYNCHRONCITY, Apr 22, 2020.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

The 2 overriding questions are....
    Does anyone in the family want these letters....
    &
    How did these get away from the family in the 1st place..?

3rd....is a statement...... to your great uncle ...
    Thank you , for your service !!!!

kyratango and SYNCHRONCITY like this.
  2. SYNCHRONCITY

SYNCHRONCITY Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I was stuck on the phone with my mom and boy can she talk, lol. I left Thor my phone number on facebook messenger. Hey Thor, if you can, please give me a call. I will update you all shortly. I AM SO EXCITED! Thanks so much guys!!!

popsycat, kyratango and komokwa like this.
  3. SYNCHRONCITY

I just gave Thor my phone number and personal email address. I am looking forward to talking to him. I cannot express how thankful for all of you I am. I am speechless and filled with joy right now!!

Christmasjoy, popsycat and komokwa like this.
  4. SYNCHRONCITY

Flipper you did a great thing. Thank you so much!! My facebook Messenger messages may have not reached him either. Maybe he doesn't know how to open up his Facebook Messenger messages. Actually, I don't generally know how facebook works either so I just gave him my email address and phone number. Hopefully I can talk to him soon about Charles and find out more about what happened to him. I would love for him to be reunited with his family members letters and photos. I will keep you all posted.

popsycat and kyratango like this.
  5. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

He was rather taken aback, as you can imagine. I kept trying not to reveal too much so that SYNC could have the honors. I had him look at findagrave.com and then he realized it was all legit. He even signed up so he could talk to you...I was so excited to see your response!
    But, being that he is a school teacher, he said he had to get back to work...3 hours difference. His wife is an ER nurse. He was very sweet. He said he served 24 years in the military. He read your whole post...I said, "Won't this be the greatest social studies lesson ever!? And he said Absolutely!
    Can't wait to hear about your conversations and everything.
    Another Thing Of Beauty:D

6. SYNCHRONCITY

Hi Flipper. Oh good to know. I didn't think about the time difference. I am on EST time here on Long Island. I was afraid that he would think I was being way too pushy or scare him away by being too overly excited, so I sent him a link to this board through facebook. I am very shy actually and suffer from an anxiety disorder, so I was actually glad to hear you were the first one to have spoken to him. You broke the ice for me!! I was panicking just thinking of picking up the phone and trying to call him.

I have one of those minds that worries too much with incessant, anxious thoughts like "what if he thinks I am some crazy lady calling him"?, "what if he thinks I am some rando who is trying to scam him"?, "what if I call him and he doesn't like my annoying, abraisive sounding New Yawk accent"? LOL. My husband once told me to knock it off with all the "What ifs". When I say what if... He cuts me off and says "What if the Queen had balls, she would be king", :D:p

In the meantime I await his email when he is not busy. Will keep you all posted.

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I am very shy actually and suffer from an anxiety disorder,......

NOT HERE !!!! NOT ANYMORE !!!! :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

So.....
    Der was a boyd, sittin on da coybb, he was choypin, boypin, & eatin woyms....

Say that in yer best NY accent !!! Dad loved that one..!!

8. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

This entire thread has the makings of a little podcast or blog post. There isn’t anything on here that wasn’t heartbreaking, sweet, curious and filled with how wonderfully unpredictable life is. Thank y’all so much for sharing this evolving story!!!!

9. SYNCHRONCITY

Ha Ha! I've found my home here. You guys are all great!

Christmasjoy, kyratango and komokwa like this.
  10. SYNCHRONCITY

That was so sweet of you to say. This thread will keep us all sane through Covid19 and warm all of our hearts : )

11. SYNCHRONCITY

I spoke to Thor through Facebook IM. We are going to talk further about this soon. Will keep you all posted...

12. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:woot:How AMAZING and heartwarming this whole thread is!!!
    Kudos to @flipper to find Thor, kudos to @thor borjesson to join and being involved in it!!!
    Social medias and Internet aren't always bad or devilish:angelic::)

13. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

:):):) Just reading this thread makes me feel good. Makes me feel really pleased to be a party if such a great community.

Linda

SYNCHRONCITY, cxgirl, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  14. GWEN NOVICK

GWEN NOVICK New Member

This photo is actually Charles Augusta Moe the uncle of Charles Austin Moe of this story. I cropped this photo from one of my grandmother photos I have when I added it to my tree. I accidentally put the photo under both men hence the above photo listed as Charles Moe in my family tree on Ancestry.com. The senior Charles Augusta Moe was my grandmother's cousin. The younger Charles Austin Moe who died would have been my mother's 2nd or 3rd cousin. gabn64

15. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I just found this amazing thread !!!

SYNCHRONCITY and GWEN NOVICK like this.
  16. SYNCHRONCITY

Hi Gwen!
    So nice to find you here! I am so excited to be talking to another relative of Charles. My computer crashed and I was away from this thread for quite a while. I had trouble viewing the messages on my cell phone and am glad to have just gotten a new computer today so I can reply to you all now.

Do you know Thor, who is a family member of Charles by any chance? If you want to talk to me on the phone about these documents, please send me a private message and I will give you my phone number. I need to contact Thor again also. We have only spoken to each other through Facebook Messenger once and then my computer crashed and I haven't been back on Facebook to talk to him again. He has my phone number, but never called me.

I am so glad you came here!! ((HUGS)) to you!

kyratango likes this.
  17. MidwestMagpie

MidwestMagpie Owner/Proprietor, Trusted Hands Estate Sales

Yes, I’m that one in our family.... I’ve now amassed 4-5 generations of documents. I have no kids, however. I’m constantly checking on my 3 neices to if any of them look to be showing “historian” signs! (They’re all just teenagers right now... but I was interviewing elder relatives by the time I was 13! So .... (biting nails)

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted