Featured What is this porcelain thing?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Feb 27, 2023.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@laura9797

I somehow missed your response from the Haviland collectors group but read it just now. I wonder if someone in the group was either among the bidders or maybe even the winner of the item. :happy::happy::happy:

2. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

AWESOME SAUCE! CONGRATS!@#!

3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Yes two bidders both from the Haviland Society and one was not happy to have lost. It was interesting and fun and a bit stressful :D

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. bercrystal

That is too funny!! :D:D:hilarious:

Was this an in-person or online sale? :happy:

Just curious, was either buyer the guy who first replied to your inquiry? :wideyed::happy:

laura9797 and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

I've been watching this with great interest, congratulations on the auction!

I didn't know Haviland was partnered/in connection with Limoges porcelain, which is about an hour from me. Its everywhere here, though unfortunately not pieces like this. I was unaware Limoges had international marks/importers etc, so interesting. Now I know, it does look very familiar haha!

7. laura9797

It was online only but the two bidders were phone bidders. Yes he was the individual who replied and because he shared it with his group to get opinions, one of the other members bid against him. Apparently they had a 'difficult' relationship and this made it worse. The auction was a great way to end my career with the gallery. Now onto bigger and better things!

Figtree3, bercrystal, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  8. bercrystal

That is hysterical!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

It goes to show you that sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut when it comes to collecting the things you love!! ;) :p:p :D:D:D

So which one ended up as the winner of the prize? :confused::confused:

I wish you great success in whatever is next on the horizon for you & hope you will still remain a part of the forum as you head on to bigger & better things!!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

laura9797, pearlsnblume and RachelW like this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Sending best wishes for the future!

10. laura9797

So the winner was NOT the individual who replied to me. He was very 'salty'. I am not going anywhere as far leaving this group! I enjoy it WAY too much!

bercrystal and RachelW like this.
  11. bercrystal

He may have learned his lesson about keeping his mouth shut which would not have been good for the auction house but...

That is good to hear that you will be staying around to participate here.

You will have to let us know eventually what the bigger & better things are for you. :happy::happy::happy:

laura9797 and RachelW like this.
  12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

13. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

@Bronwen Yup, no metal with caviar. That's why caviar spoons are typically MOP or horn.

Nice result, Laura!

Draft saved Draft deleted