Featured Wewps..

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Tiquer, Aug 28, 2024.

1. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Gotta say, what four year old wouldn't want to see inside a giant pot in easy reach, and it only takes a momentary look away for a parent to miss their interest - and one would assume that the museum had secured it if left available for that child or anyone else to knock it over. Not saying that there aren't lots of bratty kids and clueless parents around, but I'm just not necessarily seeing that here.

My brother's stepson, an absolutely wonderful boy (and still is, all grown up), if a bit 'busy', at age 10 grabbed a fairly valuable lacquer box off an end table to catch what were to him, exotic Florida lizards - managed to stop him, but felt no anger, he was a kid...

~Cheryl

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

a pal of mine took his kid out to a restaurant ...young kid...

he'd never seen French fries before....so he walked over to the next table and took some fries off another kids plate, stood there and ate them...............

Kids...no telling what they'll do next !

My folks to me to their golf course.......... as a kid.
    I was sitting in the lounge with Mom and her two friends while they chatted.
    A big fly landed on one of her friends ...right below her tummy...
    So I swatted it ......... and slapped her friend right in the crotch area.

The room went silent........and then exploded into laughter....

I never got the joke ....:confused:...:wideyed::wideyed:....:eek:

It took mom a while to get over the embarrassment ......:p

3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:wideyed::punch::punch::punch: Can't believe they are so stupid doing that, and videoing themselves :facepalm:

4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

It's not just the stupidity, it's the entitled, middle finger to the world, rules don't apply to me attitude that is so galling.

5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The number of times I said to the kids at school, "Hands to yourselves!" which upon reflection doesn't sound quite right, but they all knew what I meant, LOL. My kids were taught not to walk all over people's grass or property on the way to and from school. They were taught not to touch items at stores unless given permission. It's not rocket science and most kids don't question that they need to learn and abide by certain rules of conduct. That said, as Cheryl pointed out, some accidents will happen and that it isn't due to "bad" or undisciplined behaviour. Children's natural curiosity should be encouraged and that can occur with "good" behaviour. "Discipline" should not be a dirty word. Remember that kids are learning -- they don't know the "rules" by magic. But then, if their parents were never taught..

kyratango, johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The Portland Vase was shattered even though in a case (pre-plexiglass) & not by a child. Guess too much booze can make a child of anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted