Featured Thrift store furniture

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by verybrad, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Yep, a purdonium. Good catch Komo!

komokwa likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ya learn something new every day.

Debora

verybrad likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've seen coal bins like that before. I'd have taken the blue chair home, but I'm weirdly attracted to blue vinyl. The cherry dresser set... you couldn't get the wood for twice that now. I hope some folks sick of ikea find it and glom it.

Ghopper1924 and verybrad like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Thanks Pal !!!

I know a little about a lot of things....and a lot about a few things....it helps keep me relevant and engaged here !!:happy:

but it's always key to back up what one suspects to be true !!!;):)

Ghopper1924 and verybrad like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Some really nice things showed up this week. Donated as the remains of an estate sale in the Fall, where they failed to sell.

This huge chest breaks into 3 pieces. The 3 separate deep drawers across the front are unusual. English? Priced $189.00
    thriftchest13.jpg

This washstand, also English, was $119.00. I don't think the red marble top is original.
    thriftstand.jpg
    Has nice inlaid details....
    thriftstanda.jpg

This was sold so I do not know the price. Doubt if it was more than $250.00.
    thriftwardrobe.jpg

Also sold. Doubt if it was more than $200.
    thriftside2.jpg

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

That's some beautiful furniture. I especially like the chest.

7. komokwa

I luv rounded glass, and lovely wood....that last piece is mine !!!
    if I had the room for it..............

Boland, Ghopper1924 and verybrad like this.
  8. evelyb30

All highly useful pieces if you've space for them, and four times as tough as any piece of flatpack trash.

Boland, verybrad and Ghopper1924 like this.
  9. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Beautiful stuff in this last batch. Love the dresser as well. I’d guess England or Scotland as a point of origin. Sad how inexpensive these fine pieces are.

Boland, verybrad and komokwa like this.
  10. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

Nice finds Brad! I just sold a blonde dresser and nightstands similar to the one you pictured for $250. What area are you in?

Boland and verybrad like this.
  11. verybrad

Central IL. Which blond dresser?

DivasFinds likes this.
  12. DivasFinds

The mcm dresser w mirror/3rd pic

verybrad likes this.
  13. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

That big chest is great. Beautiful rich colour. Thanks for showing us Brad!

verybrad likes this.
  14. verybrad

Ah..... Page one. That was a long time ago. Now on page 13. $250 would have been too ambitious for here. As nice as it was, I think even $150 would be pushing it here. Any way you look at it, it was a great buy at $30.00.

DivasFinds likes this.
  15. komokwa

verybrad likes this.
  16. verybrad

More to show from last week.

This Victorian chair has some good repairs and very nice upholstery. Was priced $50.00
    thriftchair26.jpg

This mahogany cabinet was priced $100.00. Some veneer chips but not too bad.
    thrifthutch.jpg

This chair was $20.00. Upholstery was immaculate but might not appeal to everyone. For the record, I don't hate it ;)
    thriftchair27.jpg

Lastly, this old trunk had a name and address in Monticello, IN on the front. The same name was on the top with an address in Ohio. Orientation on the top is backwards. Makes me wonder if it was made from old shipping crates. Price was $25.00.
    thriftchest14.jpg

Boland and komokwa like this.
  17. evelyb30

I rather like that first chair; you couldn't get the wood for $50 now, and upholstery like that now is unaffordable in new furniture. The second chair looks like stuff my mom's aunt and uncle had when I was little. They got married in the 20s and I doubt bought furniture more than once afterward. as long as it's good to sit on, it works for me. That trunk is a piece some decorator will find and run off with so fast it'll make your head spin.

verybrad likes this.
  18. verybrad

Just a couple things to show.

Thought this mahogany desk a bit different. Priced at $30.00.
    thriftdesk6.jpg

This is one I bought. MCM teak armoire. Has adjustable shelves on the left 1/3 and a hanging bar on the right 2/3. I haven't been able to find it but it appears to match some Henredon pieces. Paid $40.00.

armoire.jpg

DivasFinds, Roshan Ko and komokwa like this.
  19. DivasFinds

very nice!!

verybrad likes this.
  20. verybrad

Haven't seen much out there lately. A couple overpriced rockers and an odd chair or two. Did spy this old school desk. Only $15.00 and has been sitting the better part of a week now. Surprised since I just don't see these much anymore and would be great for a kid. Have to confess that I have a soft spot for these, having actually used one when I was a kid.

thriftdesk7.jpg

komokwa, Bakersgma and DivasFinds like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted