Featured Thrift store furniture

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by verybrad, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree a (very) interesting thread and educational.

Debora

verybrad and kyratango like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

More to show....

This mahogany finish bookcase was in good condition and sturdy as can be. It has a center divider so the individual adjustable shelves were only about 18" long. No chance for sagging there. Was $45.00 and was gone the next day.
    thriftbookcase.jpg

This large trunk is reduced to $27.00. Note that the cheap-o coffee table next to it is priced $30.00 :confused:
    thrifttrunk4.jpg

Nice walnut Lincoln-style rocker in excellent refinished condition. Only $20.00. I can remember the time when I could get a couple hundred for ones as nice as this.
    thriftrocker8.jpg

Secretaries are generally very cheap around here and I don't show them much. I thought this one a notch above what I usually see from the era. Solid walnut, circa 1930. Nicely refinished. Priced at $100.00 but probably well worth it.
    thriftdesk5.jpg

3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks for showing. I know those trunks can be a hard sell. But I still think it’s a great looking thing.

Ghopper1924, komokwa and verybrad like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The flat ones are usually easier, but it's too big for a coffee table. Awesome for a TV holder and off-season blanket storage though.

verybrad and Boland like this.
  5. verybrad

Couple more to show. The Habitat Re-Store was having a sale at 40% off everything. That was on top of color tag discounts, so these were dirt cheap.

Chair is $30.00, but 25% off color discount plus the 40% off. That makes it $13.50. Hate to say that the blond finish does not help this one bit.
    thriftchair20.jpg

This table is priced $50, but 25% off color discount plus the 40% off. That makes it $22.50. Needs some work but very repairable. Used to have a similar table that was in about the same condition when I bought it when I first set up house in the early 80s. Think I paid $150.00 for it and used it for several years. :rolleyes: Probably even made a little profit when I sold it later.
    thrifttable17.jpg

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

@verybrad ....I thought u closed your retail spot?

7. verybrad

Right.... Not currently selling and I didn't buy these. I am still buying/hoarding some when I find things I like that are too cheap to pass up. I bought an English washstand the other day that I have not photographed yet. Snowing here today so I didn't drag it out of the garage to shoot. Will show it when I get a chance.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    Boland and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

ok, but u buy the stuff on the finds thread!!

where ya gonna keep it all ?

& what's your plan.......if I may be so bold to ask ?

verybrad likes this.
  9. evelyb30

Those 1890s farmhouse tables have really gone into the tank. Darnitt.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  10. komokwa

& they're so useful !!;);)

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  11. verybrad

I am packing most away for now. Own a 2000 sq. ft. house w/ 2+ car garage that I don't live in. Not entirely full yet..... Lol. I might go back in to retail at some point and/or send things to auction. Otherwise, there will be a heck of a sale when I'm gone.

komokwa likes this.
  12. komokwa

Aha!!!

The Hunt !!!! ..... got it !:happy:

verybrad likes this.
  13. verybrad

Some things seen yesterday.

This piece is a bit of an enigma. Looks a like a jelly cupboard but is quite a bit larger and deeper than most. Maybe 42" x 18" x 60" tall. Inside, it has a center divider and adjustable shelves. Someone fitted the left side with 4 newly made drawers to accomodate use as a dresser. Am wondering if this was a linen press?
    Priced at $75.00, which seemed pretty reasonable to me.
    thriftchest11.jpg

This reproduction carriage is pretty nice. Priced at $26.00.
    carriage.jpg

Old office chair priced at $15.00.
    thriftchair21.jpg

Boland likes this.
  14. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks. I really enjoy this ‘show and tell’ That little carriage is pretty cool. Looks nicely made (but no idea what I would do with it if I had it)

verybrad likes this.
  15. evelyb30

I'd prefer the cupboard, not that I have room for it.

verybrad likes this.
  16. verybrad

Finally got around to photographing a couple things I did buy.

This English marble top mahogany washstand is missing its backsplash but was only $20.00.
    thriftwashstand2.jpg
    thriftwashstand2a.jpg

Nice bridge lamp was only $5.00. Hard to tell but this one is brass. Plated iron parts and solid twisted stem. Already rewired.
    thriftlamp.jpg thriftlampa.jpg

17. komokwa

marble slab worth more than 20......but nice washstand !!!!

verybrad likes this.
  18. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

That lamp is very cool. Really nice buy! Definitely something I would keep.

verybrad likes this.
  19. evelyb30

I like that lamp! The washstand is nice too, but rewired and cleaned a bit and I'd put the lamp in the living room.

verybrad likes this.
  20. evelyb30

A lot of us unfortunately aren't in the UK, and shipping has gone from $$$ to ridiculou$$$ lately.

verybrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted