Thomas Kinkade Studio Proof appraised but........

Discussion in 'Art' started by Tina, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Tina

Tina Member

:-( sadly she bought a few on that list

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

My niece talked us into buying a Wyland limited edition reproduction - I can't remember what the process is called, but it's not giclee. The gallery, of course, insisted it had major investment potential. Well, twelve years later we can't give it away. Don't believe the gallery

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I never told any client to purchase a piece of art based on it's future potential to rise in value.....& still don't.
    Of course I had , & still have many works that I'm confident will over time hold or gain in value , but I only discuss that possibility after a client has been advised to buy what they love so that every day they enjoy living with an art work that brings them pleasure & the pride of ownership.

Not all Art Gallery's are the same.

4. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

When clients ask if a piece is a great investment I always respond with something along the lines of "If I knew this was such a great investment, I'd keep it....best to think of it as an investment in pleasure".

5. Tina

Tina Member

Thank you everyone for your input. We didn't sell the more expensive ones which we had four of them. The others were just the typical framed prints. Those did sell, which surprised me.

Sending wishes for a wonderful and Safe Independence Day to everyone

Tina
    aka
    dssrtlady

Draft saved Draft deleted