Featured strange impression on picture

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Cara Lyn, Feb 22, 2020.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Lesley...I'd not believe it if it didn't happen to me. SO weird. He'd moved out of my city ten or more years before even this business with the young lady too so it had been ages after he'd even been here. I never look at records . Was such a weird thing xx

2. BoudiccaJones

Good lord.

SYNCHRONCITY and komokwa like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

all stories are welcomed Miss Jones.......& yours is a good one too !!!!! :happy:

BoudiccaJones and SYNCHRONCITY like this.
  4. SYNCHRONCITY

SYNCHRONCITY Well-Known Member

Wow! That story gave me goosbumps! What are the chances of something like that happening. Please tell us the ring story!!! I want to hear it so badly.

5. SYNCHRONCITY

Thanks so much. I've been trying to find this brave fellow's next of kin, but don't have an ancestry.com account and can't afford one. Maybe some here can help me locate his family members so I can share this with his family? I've reunited many ancestors with their family photo albums before when In some rare instances I didn't need to rely on ancestry.com for the info and would like to see somewhat of a happy ending here. I hate the fact that ancestry pretty much holds people's family histories hostage for money.

6. komokwa

start a new thread for that......& see what happens !!!

SYNCHRONCITY likes this.
  7. SYNCHRONCITY

That is a great idea!! Glad you mentioned that. I will go ahead and do that tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. I bet collectively we can possibly find his family and reunite all of his things with them!!

clutteredcloset49 and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

it's been done before....but it takes a village !!!:happy::happy:

SYNCHRONCITY likes this.
  9. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

@SYNCHRONCITY
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/66338575/charles-austin-moe

Excerpt:
    Several entries within the Navy JAG War Crimes Branch series contain documents pertaining to atrocities committed in the Pacific. For example, Case Files of Pacific Area War Crimes Trials, 1944–49 includes the trial records of Japanese military and naval personnel, as well as the trial records of Pacific Islanders who collaborated with them.68 Records Regarding Pacific Area War Crimes Cases, 1944–49 has reports on the massacre of ninety-eight civilian employees of Pan American Airways on Wake Island accused of maintaining secret radio communication with U.S. naval forces following the island’s occupation by Japanese forces, as well as a number of cases involving torture and murder (including beheading and cannibalism) of downed U.S. flyers, and the executions of Catholic priests and other civilians suspected of spying or engaging in other anti-Japanese activity.
    https://www.archives.gov/files/iwg/japanese-war-crimes/introductory-essays.pdf

SYNCHRONCITY likes this.
  10. komokwa

rep0st this on her new thread...later tonight..

SYNCHRONCITY likes this.
  11. SYNCHRONCITY

I feel so good about this! I bet you all can help me and I want to thank you for the suggestion. I am going to actually film a youtube video you can all click on showing the letters and the photos right now. I will put a link into the discussion I start. This is going to be fun!! (((Hugs))) to you!

komokwa likes this.
  12. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Did you read my post that I have located your missing man?

This is the death notice from his sister.
    It is the only obituary that tells anything about her upbringing and provides the names of her offspring. She was one of the siblings that lives the longest.
    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/75494352/ina-mae-borjesson
    I hope this helps

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    SYNCHRONCITY likes this.
  13. SYNCHRONCITY

Thank you! I had added the photo of him to find a grave a few years ago.

Someone already had a memorial for him and the person had his death listed as 1942. I got her to change the information and she found declassified info on him and changed the date of his death on the page.

He also had a brother that died in 1994 after his sister Ina. The only trouble I am having is locating surviving relatives because I don't have a paid ancestry.com account. Basically if you don't pay $99 or more a year for their service they hold family records hostage. The only info I was able to get for free was from the find a grave website. I am not very good at researching genealogy.

I will be uploading a video I just made to youtube in a little while showing all the letters and information I was able to get on him and will give you all a link to watch it. I will start a new thread shortly. Thanks for helping me! I really appreciate it very much!

BoudiccaJones and komokwa like this.
  14. SYNCHRONCITY

BoudiccaJones and komokwa like this.
  15. BoudiccaJones

The ring story was also really odd...in fact I have two but the one I mean makes my face do this :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I'll try to Tl;Dr

I found some pennies in the garden, tried to clean em and do experiments on them in the kitchen and they disappeared. Mr Bou has many excellent qualities but he can be a thrower outer and I asked him ... he said he hadn't touched them but I had a pout. I DID believe him of course. But he may have forgotten. They were gorn somewhere.
    Sooo I went to the top of the garden and looked in the big bin,went through it all couldn't find my pennies :(
    Then Mr. Bou who was helping me said what's this? And in his ( gloved ) hand was a really OLD ring which looked like a snake :eek:

I'll have to take pics ... I found the old thread but the pics are gone.
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/really-strange-story-is-this-a-ring.31806/

My other ring story, bit less dramatic...found a 9 carat ring which fitted perfectly just lying around in the top of my kitchen drawer. I didn't put it there ... never seen it before.

I'd never seen either of these rings before ,total mystery to me xx

komokwa and SYNCHRONCITY like this.
  16. BoudiccaJones

Komo...just want to say I love your posts. You may have seen me liking almost every one! Love your straight to it attitude <3

17. SYNCHRONCITY

Loved the story. I am dying to hear more. I love this message board. Everyone here has really cool and amazing things to share.

18. BoudiccaJones

I think we are THE BEST. I love this board.

19. SYNCHRONCITY

I know right?! I love this board too. I am getting so many history lessons, hearing amazing stories and meeting the most kindest, and most helpful people here.

20. BoudiccaJones

Draft saved Draft deleted