Featured strange impression on picture

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Cara Lyn, Feb 22, 2020.

1. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

No... I just checked... I don't smell!:zombie::troll:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Oh, that's good to know !!!

I do.....but like the old commercial said....
    " A man's gotta smell like a man ! "

Heehehe!!!!!!!

Darkwing Manor and kyratango like this.
  3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Good to know:joyful:
    I meant "even if I hadn't have a bath in a long while and was buried in the ground"... mwah ha ha!:hilarious:

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME @Cara Lyn!! Here's as much as I could bring her out and clean her up!! I love @kyratango's suggestion to see what a professional photographer could do with it!!!! I just play at this stuff!!

X3Henry-2 copy-edit-adjust-2.jpg

5. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

found this cool creepy doll recently, bought and sold straight away purely for his creepiness

who said condition was everything ? :)

doll1.jpg doll3.jpg doll4.jpg doll2.jpg

6. komokwa

7. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Oh, that IS weird!

8. Requiem

Requiem Well-Known Member

Not possible, the other side would have been overexposed to light shortly after reviewing the print. It would also have become insensitive to light after development.

clutteredcloset49 and aaroncab like this.
  9. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Over 8 years ago I was walking my dogs in the nearby woods.
    It was February 3.30pm a cloudy day and the light was fading.
    Deep in the woods there used to be a a mental asylum from over 120 years ago.
    It is now a prison for the criminally insane.
    Outside the prison is some land that until that day I thought was just grass and trees.
    A fence had been erected and stone laid with an engraving stating that 400 people were buried on this land with no grave markers.

Before the stone and fence had been erected I had walked over this land on many occasions not knowing what laid beneath.

On this day there were no other people around just me and the dogs.
    Both my dogs froze to the spot and began staring at nothing.

I photographed the stone and fence and then my dogs.

Weeks later I uploaded the SD card to my PC and to my amazement I saw the outline of a human shape illuminated against a tree.
    This was not visible when I took the photos.

Bear in mind there was no sunlight, no artificial lights, no shadows from the fence or dogs and no other people or animals around.

Spooky or what ?

del4.PNG

del5.PNG
    del3.PNG
    Del1.PNG
    del2.PNG
    del6.PNG

10. Northern Lights Lodge

Definitely freaky!

kyratango and daveydempsey like this.
  11. komokwa

No barking......indeed weird !!!

kyratango likes this.
  12. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

If there had been a rabbit, fox or deer the terrier would have been in like a shot and then the Boxer would have killed it.
    I don't believe in the afterlife or ghosts and most of my life I worked in the dark :rolleyes:

But this was unexplainable.

I don't worry about it though.;)

The prison as it is now has only had one escape, I dont know how , it has 30 foot razor wire.

But guess who found him :hilarious:

I realised he was a screw ball as soon as I met him.

There were helicopters flying overhead, K9's and hosses all over the place.

Long story short, I invited him to the local newsagents and we made him a coffee and then he was detained.

He topped himself the next day:oops:

13. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

It was that leprechaun that you don't believe in, Dave.

kyratango, komokwa and daveydempsey like this.
  14. Raji

Raji Member

that was creepy! I am going to be a good boy from now on :eek:

kyratango likes this.
  15. SYNCHRONCITY

SYNCHRONCITY Well-Known Member

I love the cool stories I read about the unusual things some of you have found. I thought I would share something unusual that happened to me once. Several years ago I started collecting Victorian photos, especially Civil war era photos. One night I saw an online auction for a late 1930's photo in a frame. Photos taken after the the 19th century aren't my cup of tea and I don't bother collecting them at all unless someone gives them to me for free.

Something about the man in the photo was calling out to me. His deep brown eyes and shy grin really drew me in. I won the photo for under $5, but really wasn't excited about winning it. I couldn't understand why I had to have it, but it was like that man was calling out to me for some reason. When I got it the glass panel on the front was spotted with filth. I decided to clean the glass so I slid the glass panel out. When I removed the panel a bunch of letters, post cards and tiny photo booth photos came spilling out of the frame.

Turns out the guy was a Civilian on Wake Island and was captured by the Japanese and died in the POW camps. All of the Prisoner of War letters that he had sent home to his parents were hidden away behind the frame. It was humbling and very sad to have found these letters and I found out he died in the war camp. In the letters he kept telling his parents not to worry about him. He told them how much he longed to be home again. That totally broke my heart. RIP Charles Austin Moe!

charles austin moe.jpg

16. SYNCHRONCITY

SYNCHRONCITY Well-Known Member

:D Lol!

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  17. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

My weird story doesn't compare to all of yours...but it IS weird.

I had a friend,older than I...(I was the youngest in a gang of punks and the only girl so I was a bit spoiled at times and when my mates left my little city for London,I kept their records *for safekeeping*. )
    My particular friend,Ash, had a bit of an obsession with me which wasn't all good really. Anyway long story short, a long time later he had a court case in London where he lived involving another younger girl ( which in his absence he was acquitted of) and he couldn't deal with it I suppose...so he killed himself. This was 1998. (In 2006 my Dad found Ash's Mum dead on the floor somehow in another odd co-incidence)
    In 2008 I was in my natural environment ie charity shop looking at the records ( which I never do, got enough of the dam things) and no one believes what I found. The sleeve for The Day the World Turned Day-Glo, just a paper sleeve not the picture sleeve and it had Ash's name on it.In his own hand. His full name. I was glued to the spot...I couldn't believe what I had in my hand :O :O :O I had the actual record AT HOME. I reunited them many years after they became separated and how did it even happen?

I have that story about that ring I found in the bottom of my bin too...I did relate that on here when it happened.

18. Northern Lights Lodge

What a story! I'm glad you were the recipient of the photo!
    Leslie

19. Northern Lights Lodge

SYNCHRONCITY and kyratango like this.
  20. Northern Lights Lodge

Well, here's a weird one. My Mum related this story to me back in the 80's. A friend of hers (Bev) was married and they were financially struggling. They decided to go to a flea market on their motorcycle; just for an outing. As she wandered the booths she ran into a lady selling quilst. One of the quilts just just "talked" to her. It was way more $$ than they had funds for - so she moved on. But every half hour or so she was moved to go back and just "look" at that quilt. Finally she couldn't stand it and begged her husband to buy it. Her husband relented and they bought the quilt. When they returned home; they had a funeral to attend.... and things were busy for a few days. While relatives were all still in town; but the funeral arrangements were concluding, Bev remembered the quilt and retrieved the quilt to show her visiting relatives. One of the aunts was stunned. She related that she "KNEW" this quilt... and that Bev's grandmother had made it. She said; her initials were embroidered on the back. Sure enough they were! :O

Leslie

Draft saved Draft deleted