Featured Spanish tile. Crest belongs to?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, May 13, 2024.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I saw that re hotel in Cuzco. Couldn't find an explanation on internet. If you reach out to them, do let us know what they say.

Debora

J Dagger and mmarco102 like this.
  2. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I sent the hotel an email. What I didn’t notice before is that the name of the family is at the bottom of the crest that comes up for the Cusco hotel. It’s Quintana. That crest while it has the same elements as mine is different. The crosses and fleur de lis are reversed. It also has a knight instead of the crowned fella. Since they are so similar would there be a relation between the two crests or do they just happen to share common elements? I’m not familiar enough with heraldry to know. 8235572A-C0AD-4151-873D-FA2236F627EA.jpeg EC273C79-E3BF-4595-87E2-1C35EDF9C4DE.jpeg EC503819-26C3-449D-B6F8-5EED86CFF682.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think they just share common elements. (And the Quintana marquis also belonged to the Orden de Calatrava.)

Debora

J Dagger likes this.
  4. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Oh neat, well that makes sense. Mine is such an obscure creat that is so difficult to find information on. It seems like that would make it less likely to be reproduced for profit. If you wanted to profit it off a repro tile wouldn’t you want to choose something slightly more recognizable? I still think it’s possible it is a repro but the thought just occurred to me that it wouldn’t be my pick as someone making reproductions for profit. Maybe more a historical interest repro than a for profit repro is possible though.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted