Featured Silver or not? Indian round box

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by 808 raver, May 16, 2024.

1. 808 raver

808 raver Well-Known Member

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. 808 raver

Next I'll find one that says bronze age.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. 808 raver

5. 808 raver

6. Any Jewelry

7. Any Jewelry

I'm betting on Bronze Age Iceland.:smug:

808 raver likes this.
  8. 808 raver

:joyful::joyful::joyful: Do you think these are a cut above the rest or am I being hopeful? I'm always looking for the next undervalued thing on the antiques market and to me Persian antiques are so well executed and the artistic level matches the best in the world. The Indian antique techniques I collect mostly started in Persia anyway and now these Indian antiques are so highly prized (if available at all) I begrudge paying those high prices. I'm looking for another avenue, I love owning fantastic works and seeing them every day makes me happy but another part of collecting is using my knowledge to pick up works/pieces for far less money than they can be sold for once identified. When I started collecting Indian antiques I could buy these pieces for a few pounds and to me they were so undervalued, now my collection is worth quite a bit and I can't ever see these falling out of favor because they are quite scarce. Of course I'm not saying these metal items come from Persia but if I had to guess their origin would be from that part of the world.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

I think the quality is excellent, the designs are very elegant, and the crafts involved are amazing and time consuming.
    Of course we don't know how the market will evolve, but as you say, beautiful well made objects make you happy. I am the same, and to me, investing in happiness is important.

808 raver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted