Silver on copper neo classical plate

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Chinoiserie, Mar 5, 2024.

1. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Language evolves!

What "stuff" of yours has been sensitivity-read that included "breasts"? Curious about this one as I know and work with a variety of gender non-conformist people who say breast/boobs/etc. The term "breast" isn't even gender specific as a medical term (since hormones determine breast growth in any person), but is specific when someone is breast-feeding since it refers to glands that produce milk. Certainly the term can change meaning over time, so that's why I'm interested in context.

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  2. Finnclouds

Finnclouds Well-Known Member

The terms “chestfeeding” and “chest” are recommended in various places, even in medical context, e.g. in the UK. You can find examples of it on e.g. UK hospital sites. And a three-year old article in a medical journal about the use of the word “woman’ in health care.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-56007728
    https://academic.oup.com/pmj/article/97/1150/483/6969589?searchresult=1

I write (mostly) fiction, in my case it wasn’t about those very words, but I’d rather not go into details as that will open up another rabbit hole. And blow my cover.

Bronwen likes this.
  3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

was in our local charity shop and a lady said she found something in the man box (tool box)

and a funny conversation ensued

the lady behind the counter happened to mention her son was going out with an "it"

thought to myself and vocalised thats not very nice

but turns out thats how she wants to be referred to as

sounds awful to me ?

"has it gotten out of bed yet"

"cant wait for it to meet your grandma"

"probably too soon for it to meet your grandad"

komokwa and Finnclouds like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

She isn't all that callipygous, but at least she doesn't have a butt-implant.:playful:
    I thought we were meant to be inclusive, not exclusive.:confused: Why don't they give every gender a proper and respected name, the way the Bugis of Sulawesi do? The Bugis traditionally recognize five different genders, and have names for them all. That is inclusive.
    Western society doesn't have a clue what it is doing, and it doesn't want to learn from cultures that have much more experience with recognition and appreciation of different genders.
    That must have been fun (not).;)
    So in a few years time no one knows exactly which part of the body a chest infection refers to?:confused:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    mirana, komokwa, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I either had (or possibly still have, in a box, in storage...) a copy of this same plate.

6. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Nothing there Charlie. Too much Special Brew maybe :rolleyes:
    IMG20240306165852_copy_937x1250.jpg

charlie cheswick likes this.
  7. Chinoiserie

Thanks for the references everyone. I'm sure I will get a great description from them...

Not getting involved in the titty talk. :woot:

charlie cheswick likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Chinoiserie, I too am well aware that "AI" can definitely distort images on enlargement, (which is why I try not to enlarge too much), and recommend, IF you have a good Loupe, to check out what can look like 'tiny' writing/lettering!! Here are 3 "MAYBES"
    I've circled, especially along the lower rim in the image.....THAT one did look like writing/printing without enhancement, but who knows!!

POTENTIALS- NHCMNT-gigapixel-high compression-1.5x.jpg

Chinoiserie likes this.
  9. Chinoiserie

I have a cheap plastic loupe from china but the magnification is great and it has a built in light aaaaaaaaand a UV light.

IMG20240306184410_copy_954x1272.jpg

Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted