Scholar Desk Painting Translation Help

Discussion in 'Art' started by Mario, May 31, 2020.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

(Bringing the tone down here to my level ...Cuz @Bronwen we use it here too.My daughter used to watch a baby prog on laptop years ago, the theme song ran...**a tinkle and a hug. We're feeling cozy wrapped up warm n snug ** or similar .So...not just you xx )

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Later it was just 'use the bathroom'. The only time the word 'pee' was used in our household was when my mother was aggravated enough with someone to say about them that they could 'go pee up a rope'. I assume this is also something she picked up amidst the cornfields, but the only other place I have ever encountered it is when one of the characters in the novel Hyperion uses it.

Any Jewelry, Fid and BoudiccaJones like this.
  3. BoudiccaJones

I've never heard go pee up a rope before. BUT I LIKE IT . I know imma be using that xx

Bronwen likes this.
  4. BoudiccaJones

...though I never say...*pee*. If forced to refer to it at all... I say I need the ladies' room. I have said wee sometimes ( quietly )

Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  5. Bronwen

After you say it, you have to add: Pardon my French.

After my mother died, I learned from a neighbor that she had once come to a meeting of the condo owners association to complain about a recurring problem with her garage door opener. I find this hard to imagine, & was ROFL when I heard it, she ended her speech with, And frankly, I'm pissed! I'm sure she hesitated before coming out with it, & surely she tacked on Pardon my French. At the time they didn't know her name, so behind her back she became Miss Piss. This episode was recounted in front of her straight-laced brother & sister-in-law, who tried to pretend to be amused.

Any Jewelry, Fid and BoudiccaJones like this.
  6. BoudiccaJones

Oh goodness...hahahha that made me imagine it, oh...I can see the hesitation and I too am sure a *pardon my French* was offered after. I didn't even know your Mum but I have a very vivid image! Miss P** Oh dear!

...I am really mealy mouthed with swears. I can do everything else but swear. My kids know ( even though they are grown,they still KNOW) that if I say...GET STUFFED then all hell is about to be unleashed. I never ever smacked them...I didn't have to. My trap was enough. Five of 'em are boys too so that does bear testament to the power of...Get Stuffed.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Bronwen

Probably incorrect but highly entertaining, which is better. She was a kindergarten teacher but didn't look in any way like a stereotypical school marm.

How many of them are not boys?

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

which Hyperion novel ?

Bronwen likes this.
  9. BoudiccaJones

Only two xx

I've seen you speak of her on here before...I have a sort of feel which is probably inaccurate but I do have an image xx

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Bronwen

First one. The poet.

11. Bronwen

And the official name of one of the continents is a family name in my matrilineal line & I have it as a middle name.

12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

didn't know that. I only knew the classical one by Hölderlin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_(Hölderlin_novel)

due to my allergic reactions to certain people at university I could not follow the deeply intellectual discussions about Diotima - so I was forced to retire to the red light district and read it to the "girls" at their round table ; the reactions were amazing, some nearly cried and asked about the fate of the female figure and of course if I'd read on the next day - which I did for a while. which wasn't liked by some pimps... but my good friend Congo-W., ancient mercenary, told them where the hammer hangs and that I was no danger to their business.
    so free drinks for my voice till they were most probably the only bunch of girls worldwide that could discuss German classical literature with their clientèle.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Bronwen likes this.
  13. Bronwen

And I didn't know that one. Frankly, Simmons' novel sounds like the better read. The foul mouthed poet is Martin Silenus, who has had some plastic surgery to enhance the image. The life & work of John Keats is woven throughout & name of the planet is a nod to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_(poem)

Fid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted