Featured Russian Silver Box?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Marie Forjan, Apr 1, 2023.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

In the Gallery, I had a big flat glass & wood showcase.
    I gave every piece a number sticker, and listed everything ...with prices, on a sheet of my fancy letterhead writing paper.
    Folks would move the items around in the showcase....things would sell.....prices would change......and I kept having to redo the listing....and even that would go walkabout on occasion....... Sheeesh !!!!:(:(:inpain:

Bronwen likes this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Do it now (while there's still time !)-go the Komo route: post-it notes.Most of my stuff I've valued/evaluated,stick the notations & prices on the back.ALSO-Put it in Your Last Will & Testament surrounded w/ big $$$!!!$$$ notations so the much loved cretins don't miss it-they will most surely see the attached dollar amounts !

Bronwen, kyratango and komokwa like this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I've thought about setting up a database with photos. But I have no kids, no one to leave my stuff to, so as time goes on I will probably just sell it all :(

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I've bought the bulk of my stuff on eBay over the years. When listings had an option Print This Page I was printing out the info & have big fat 3-ring binders with these pages. Am not buying much anymore, but when I do, I save a photo or 2 & the page as a pdf to a file designated for those records. I have a box of those string tags & have been putting them on signed cameos, to make sure anyone who has to deal with them without me knows. Signatures can be easily overlooked or difficult to decipher.

Aquitaine, komokwa and bercrystal like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

How long did it take that bowl to sell?

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I have not been back to the shop since Saturday. I plan to stop by tomorrow.

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  7. Bakersgma

As of a couple hours ago,the bowl had not been priced. "housewares" are only priced on Tuesday afternoon. I pointed it out to our manager so she will be aware of it. We rarely receive sterling that isn't jewelry. ;)

I looked it up when I got home with no luck on either replacements (it's there but no current stock or previously priced history) or ebay no current, completed or sold.

Figtree3 and bercrystal like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

knowing that it's sterling , can she price it to sell?

9. Bakersgma

She'll do her best, I am sure. FYI, made by International Silver.

Figtree3, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted