royal dux bohemia M czechoslovakia vase

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Tina Jansen, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I never met Max Yasgur personally, but as far as I understand, he was not judgmental.

Mansons2005, judy and i need help like this.
  2. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Since the topic in Royal Dux, I thought I'd share this one from the Southern Oregon Historical Society's collection. "Art Noveau terra cotta matte glazed figural jardiniere of standing white crane, delphinium leaves and pampas grass in front of blue-grey grained four-sided pillar. White and salmon water lilies climb from base to top of all four sides of pillar. Incised in base in raised banner "Royal Dux" , also stamped 8950/ 3 and possibly a raised diamond. Inside is gloss glazed. 36" high" The photos are ganked off their website, so the resolution is not great, sorry. Britt Royal Dux umbrella holder 1.jpg Britt Royal Dux umbrella holder 3.jpg Britt Royal Dux umbrella holder 4.jpg Britt Royal Dux umbrella holder 2.jpg

cxgirl, Any Jewelry, Fid and 3 others like this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I think you mean His Royal Duckness - King Drake III.

Any Jewelry, Bakersgma, Jivvy and 2 others like this.
  4. Darkwing Manor

But he WAS outstanding in his field.

cxgirl, Any Jewelry, Fid and 4 others like this.
  5. Old Poet Girl

Old Poet Girl Member

Was Max Yasgur a relative of yours?!

6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

nice. one of a pair. do they have more infos ? the model no. 8950 is a bit high, the 3 would normally indicate third edition.

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

He was reminded of his grandfather while he was watching a documentary on Max Yasgur.:)

i need help likes this.
  8. Darkwing Manor

IS it one of a pair? Based on Royal Dux production records, perhaps? There is only one in the SOHS Britt collection. There is a lot of information on the collector , Peter Britt, but very little to none on where and when he acquired his household decor. He was a Swiss immigrant to Oregon in 1852, a pioneer photographer, artist, horticulturalist, banker, meteorologist. etc. The very definition of a Renaissance man.

i need help likes this.
  9. Tina Jansen

Tina Jansen New Member

Wow, a lot of replies to this thread. Thank you all for your answers...even the grumpy ones. I wasn't looking to sell this item, just wondering the year and the value. Fun group!

10. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Thank you for coming back (I mean, because we went so far off the rails). :joyful:

11. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

based on picture search on g°°gle, somewhere in pinterest. can't remember in which language I made the search.
    furthermore: it would be much more interesting if this was a real mark of theirs and when. from the bottom it looks as if they hadn't access to good clay, so it might just be post-war or under German terror.

12. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Yes, Fid, I flit in and out here just to keep up with all my boardie friends and wrestle some old info out of my aging brain on some posts where it may be helpful. Is the pad mark is different for pottery (terra cotta) versus porcelain? Dunno.

Fid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted