Featured Regency/William IV Sewing box

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bluumz, Apr 21, 2021.

1. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Thank you!
    The thought of it being destroyed just makes me want to :vomit:.
    Lesson learned: Don't make an international purchase from someone who put "rosewood" in the listing title and uses eBay's Global Shipping Program.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Figtree3 likes this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Thanks, me, too. This was the first really nice one, with all it's inner bits, that I found within my price range.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@bluumz, THAT is SUCH a BUMMER! SORRY to hear it got tangled up.....and hopefully they might UN-tangle it?? Do you mean they'd ACTUALLY DESTROY something as LOVELY as this Sewing Box??

bluumz likes this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

such a beautiful box, sorry you won't be receiving it.
    In the US, items that are restricted and can't be exported are sold locally in Kentucky, sometimes they show up again on Ebay with no international shipping. I imagine the same thing happens in the UK. Ebay has refunded you and the seller keeps their money, so Ebay will want to recoup some of the money back.

Ce BCA and bluumz like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If I were the seller I'd be yelling bloody murder even if I got to keep the money. It's a pre-cites item and too nice to be turned into kindling.

Draft saved Draft deleted