Please identify this China teapot

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by PerJensen, Sep 22, 2018.

1. PerJensen

PerJensen New Member

Janetpjohn: What about this image?

42407551_2111231378887466_439062712689885184_n.jpg

Any Jewelry and Aquitaine like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That's it!

i need help, judy and Aquitaine like this.
  3. PerJensen

PerJensen New Member

So the two characters on the right just say Yixing? What about the left side? :)

i need help and judy like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Per Jensen:)
    Are you going to sell this on ebay? Just my opinion but it doesn't matter if you know who made it or when, just list as 'Yixing Teapot', put clear photos of the marks, any damage, etc and open it up to worldwide shipping - if it is a good one the buyers will find it and start contacting you about ending the auction early for a set amount of money. The last one I had sold for over $1000.00 with damage.

5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

My experience is limited to one teapot, but I agree with @cxgirl .

Mine went home to China (only a three figure sale, though). ;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

three figures is good too Jivvy:)
    I remember when JPG sold one for $16,000.00 and if I remember correctly it wasn't that old.

anundverkaufen, judy and i need help like this.
  7. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Oh yes, given the thrift store price tag of $8, I was delighted with three figures. And JPG was the only reason I knew it was special when I saw it.

cxgirl, anundverkaufen and judy like this.
  8. PerJensen

PerJensen New Member

I have no plans to sell this item. I just want to get more information about this item.

Does anyone know how old this teapot is? and identify the mark under the teapot and inside the lid?

Please I need to know the two characters on the left!

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted