Ostrog Bible. 1580 (Ivan Fedorov)

Discussion in 'Books' started by a.makarius, Apr 21, 2021.

1. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

@April07, I would be interested in reading more about this. Can you please post a reference/link? Thanks.

Hamburger, Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

stolen goods from Ukrania show up more than enough on ebay and in auctions etc. in Europe; I am not amazed that there are more questions about value in this forum here that are not interested in cultural values but only testing Westerners to see what they are ready to pay. we are test dummies !
    PS. there are certainly no serious sites of a failed state to look up where the items were "gone astray"... even Christie's hides behind obsure descriptions that have nothing to do with the actual situation there. I'm sure this here is already in Russian hands ready to be sold to Western Europe on the same paths that are used for human trafficking, drugs, weapons etc..

3. a.makarius

a.makarius New Member

The book has been in a private collection since 1932.

anundverkaufen and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

that's certainly a big advantage when you have all the written proofs for selling it.

5. a.makarius

a.makarius New Member

Yes. I have all the documents.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I suggest that personal views on the political state of Central and Eastern European countries be discussed in a village pub, not on an international forum which is open to the public.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    komokwa and Hamburger like this.
  7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I suggest that people who have no connection to the business in question stay in their hamlet. it has absolutely nothing to do with politics when I use the reliable informations of a good friend that lives on Tegernsee now and has an antiquarian bookshop in Munich; visits on appointment only of course. Munich - besides Berlin, Vienna, Stockholm and a few other European cities are hotspots at the moment for books that were robbed.

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Personal opinions like 'failed state' are in no way relevant to 'the business in question', as the previous poster well knows.
    The mods have discussed certain attitudes with the member who post replies expressing those attitudes.

I will now leave this thread, because until certain matters are dealt with, the negative tone of disdain is going to be a repeat of previous threads.

9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a loss for a thread when people leave who have no knowledge about a topic.

10. April07

April07 Well-Known Member

I will actually now leave this forum because I reported this member innumerous times for his xenophobic statements, and he is still here, after all the extensive discussion we did with moderators. Good luck

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted