Featured Old round chairs, looking for info.

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Jason Farrell, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Please start a new thread with your chair, preferably before and after. Did you dye removable slip covers, or dye attached fabric while in place? Ive had the former done, but never tried the latter but always wondered about it and whether it was possible. If that is possible, it could save a lot of furniture, so please let us know.

2. Barbara W. Preston

Barbara W. Preston Active Member

The chairs are lovely and would really make a statement in you Irish Pub big room. It will cost to have them re-upholstered and you know that already. I would stain the wood with a darker or mahogany Howard's Refinishing product. The find some one who will recover them in a deep red (maroon), dull blue, or forest green leather that is soft. Those chairs will then last you for years and could be used anywhere but the bathroom.
    No worry about staining, spills, or animal hair. Can be wiped off with a leather cleaner if need be from dirty hands and arms or shoe marks on the front. Go for it! You have two prizes in those chairs.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

quirkygirl, SBSVC, Fern77 and 3 others like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous.:happy: I have little hope of visiting London again any time soon, but if I do, I will certainly pay you a visit.:kiss: I'm sure we'll have a long list of things to see and do together. Unpacking and admiring your famous hoard alone could take days.:joyful:

5. Jason Farrell

Jason Farrell New Member

Wow guys, loving the comments. I was originally thinking this black and gold. But now I don't know. Wouldn't match the pub idea.
    Wow

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Jason Farrell

Jason Farrell New Member

This won't cut it.

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree. Too froufrou.

8. Fern77

Fern77 Well-Known Member

Never been to Australia, but my cousins there never mentioned that pub (guess they are content with there being beer).
    If the feel of those Newfoundland Irish pubs is similar to Brit pub/ gents club, you can't go wrong with mahogany and brown leather.

Jason Farrell likes this.
  9. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

I would strongly suggest giving the upholstery a good cleaning before deciding!

10. Nathalie Long

Nathalie Long New Member

They are beautiful you could use some circa 1873 stripper to lightly dissolve the heavy stain on the wood you would see the natural wood grain use some fine steel wool to bring out the wood and clean it you will be amazed at how the wood will look oil it to recondition the wood great find !!

Draft saved Draft deleted