Featured New game: Yea or Nay?

Discussion in 'Art' started by verybrad, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

That makes sense, Brad, and it sounds like a very comfortable place for you to be. Nothing wrong with that at all. :)

verybrad likes this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This talk about left or right brain orientation got me wondering ...... so I found this short test......

http://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3178

It was gratifying to me that I scored exactly 50/50 on it. It seems that my efforts to cultivate the more intuitive aspects of my personality have paid off. I don't think the results would have been anywhere the same 30 years ago.

Pat P likes this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I was 75 right.

Actually, I think I'm fairly strong at logic and puzzle solving, but pick up a second language? Fuggedaboutit! And every attempt I make at any regional accent ends up sounding Swedish.

verybrad likes this.
  4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

I was 46 (reported by the test as "in the middle" of the 100-point test for the right and left sides of the brain "working together.")

verybrad likes this.
  5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Years ago I did a left brain/right brain self-test. The results said I was strong in both left brain and right brain, but not at the same time. And that's kind of how I experience myself... I slip from one mode or the other.

verybrad likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's very serene ......very nice.. !

verybrad likes this.
  7. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

A lot has gone on since I last visited. And that was only 16 hours ago.
    The newest piece of art? My reaction is that I do not like it. The trees are not well defined. Everything else is presented in a "fairy tale" mode. No trees have the shapes shown. There would not be green, red and brown trees at the same time. Then, continuing toward the bottom, I had the same reaction as YourTurn. Why the sadness/pain/defeat of both man and beast? Made me feel sad, depressed.
    Trying to change that mood I decided both were unhappy because the structures they were approaching had shrunk since they left. The horse and wagon will not fit in the barn, and the man has no place to rest his weary bones. But my opinion did not change. A well done paint-by-number but on a poorly structured base.

I was then commanded to :eek: take an on line test. (It is impossible for me to ignore them.) The result was as expected:
    1. A score of 54.

2. The always present one question that cannot be answered because the question is so stupid that is should not exist. HOWEVER, you MUST answer or you cannot proceed.

As normal, I am open to nasty comments, or those corrections that make me hurt a bit because of my inability to have read it right, and then the head hanging in embarrassment which is eventually ended when I start wholeheartedly laughing at my inability to have correctly interpreted the question.

So, please blast away. --------------
    Question #6. You have a formal event coming up but are a little strapped for cash, so rather than buying a dress/suit you've decided to have it made. What would be the easiest way for you to describe to the tailor what you want?

Draw him/her a picture.
    Describe it to him/her in a lot of detail.
    Describe in detail what I want, with the help of a picture.

Responses, please. Guys first this time. Then the ladies.

If you find yourself in the underlined position, do you really believe that you will be successful in having a tailor (or dressmaker) fulfill your need for fewer $$$$ than an off-the-rack item????????

:confused::woot::mad::oops::sour::rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    verybrad and yourturntoloveit like this.
  8. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

25/75 here...

verybrad likes this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Mine was 50/50. So I use both sides of my brain?
    greg

Figtree3 and verybrad like this.
  10. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but I find that a very dumb question. What country/century is the questioner living in that tailors are cheaper than off-the-rack?

Lucille.b, verybrad and Pat P like this.
  11. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I haven't finished the test yet, but the second item says, "You've decided to sign up for some "muy caliente" but complex Spanish lessons."

And what does that mean? know what "muy caliente" means but I don't know how Spanish lessons are that... nor how the word "but" connects it to "complex." Are they opposite?

verybrad likes this.
  13. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I came up with 46... so a little to the left. :)

14. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

No clue as to the Spanish issue.

15. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Yeah ... thought both those questions very odd.

16. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

My problem with these types of tests is that what I do varies depending upon the circumstances. But I suppose that might make me more of a right-brain person.

17. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

You might be on to something, Bev.
    My behavior is tragically the same, in just about all circumstances.

18. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Gila,
    Did you just call Pat, Bev???
    greg

19. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

:bag:YES, Greggsie, I did!
    Thank you!
    It's nice to have back-up!

xoG

P.S. This suggests why my fave emoticon has a bag over its head!

20. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

No problem. I never particularly like my name anyway. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted