Featured New addition

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rrgirl022002, May 3, 2024.

1. rrgirl022002

rrgirl022002 New Member

Hello

I am new to this forum and I have absolutely no knowledge on Antiques, but am starting to learn.

Thank you for allowing me to join and I look forward to chatting with the members here.

Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,
    Alice Knight

2. rrgirl022002

rrgirl022002 New Member

view 2.jpg maker  mark.jpg Internal view.jpg Cat in pot.jpg external view.jpg I am looking for any information on this piece of pottery I found. It looks similar to Alf Dom or Studio Pottery but the incised mark on the bottom doesn't seem to identify it as such. Has anyone seen the mark like on the bottom?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2024
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings,Alice! Can you go back to the thumbnails and edit them to be "full image"? It will make it so much easier to see the details.

(and welcome to your kitty too!)

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I enlarged your images. Next time, click show all full image. Is it an anchor mark? Love the kitty!

Also moved to the Pottery Forum.

5. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Pretty. Where was it found? It has the look of several studio pottery co in USA, but mark looks European.

Chinoiserie likes this.
  6. rrgirl022002

rrgirl022002 New Member

Yes thank you for the suggestions and I certainly will ensure the photos are enlarged as suggested. I found it at a Thrift shop for like $6 but was just curious who made it. It has great color and size.

Chinoiserie likes this.
  7. rrgirl022002

rrgirl022002 New Member

Not sure of the mark depends on which way you look at it. It almost looks like a tree or umbrella to me LOL.

Chinoiserie likes this.
  8. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Nice piece. If those are letters around the center, could you post them as it is a tad bit blurry. Also, did the kitty come with the bowl for $6.00? ;)

kentworld, Chinoiserie and bercrystal like this.
  9. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your cat!

10. rrgirl022002

rrgirl022002 New Member

Thank you

Chinoiserie likes this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I didn't even see the mark once I saw a furry kitty face poking out! At least we have a scale item that's interntational. Housecats are housecats.

12. rrgirl022002

rrgirl022002 New Member

:cat:

Chinoiserie likes this.
  13. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Looks like a word spelt out from bottom left working clockwise. A L F...

Phot is slightly blurred so maybe a clearer one would have this cracked.

kentworld likes this.
  14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you had us at kitten in pot...............:kiss::kiss::kiss:
    greetings

15. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Yes, I see some letters, too. Nice glazing and shape, so talented potter. For some reason, I'm thinking 1990s--2010 time frame. Just a WAG.

Chinoiserie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted