Featured Needlepoint room divider/privacy ~ input welcome!

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Ninabeth, Jun 5, 2024.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

So am I correct in guessing that it's UNFINISHED and not damaged???? It's VERRY COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Ninabeth likes this.
  2. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

Correct!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be too hard to finish it off if enough yarn is attached.

Ninabeth likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The woman who posted the pattern book on etsy.com advertises that she finishes needlework. Sure there are other resources out there for those without the skills to do themselves.

Debora

Ninabeth likes this.
  5. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

I can do the stitching and may some day, but I like the unfinished-ness of it right now. If I've found them all, there are 20 needles in the unfinished portion - 18 of them are still threaded. It just makes it feel sort of... living? Frozen in time?

needlepoint-tap-NEEDLES.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Someone died and left their last project...

Debora

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I think one day.....that'll go for most of us here too........:dead:...:playful::playful::playful:

Potteryplease likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Or someone had an attention deficit disorder.;)
    Only too familiar.:shame::bag:

9. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

Wow. I've always been under the impression that this project was worked by a small "stitchery circle" because each animal square has a signature in the corner. Some are initials and some a full name. I just now pulled the rug out and looked at it again and realized that they're all the same person. Within minutes I discovered that she and her husband of 40 years lived not to far from me and had chickens and peacocks and rescue dogs on their property. The elephant has a name over it that I can't find any info on, but the woman who stitched this rug was born in Thailand - elephant is the country's symbol. She passed in 2021. ༺ ʀɪᴘ ༻

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted