Featured Necklace unknown maker

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Desertau, Jul 1, 2024 at 3:10 AM.

1. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

When I was a kid my mom sent me to buy some cheese in a nearby shop.
    It was a packaged piece of Brie-cheese.
    When I got home and we opened up the package, all which was left of the cheese was its white crust. Inside the crust were millions of cheese-colored maggots, crumbling all over eachother.
    Looked like a horror-movie scene!
    Just like that image from above.
    Took me some years before I was able to eat Brie cheese again! :hilarious:

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Desertau like this.
  2. Desertau

Desertau Well-Known Member

Desert58, I sincerely hope to have not ruined all those years in recovery gaining trust over brea cheese. But the story could have been worse, you could have been secretly snacking on the brea only to find after consuming it down to a small morsel it was in this nightmare state.

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Dessert58 like this.
  3. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

Desertau,
    I ll be alright, I really enjoy Brie cheese nowadays.
    Anyhow, I sure always check ANYTHING before I take a first bite :hilarious::wacky:
    (Since I m a vegetarian, I often let my husband taste something before I take a bite, if I m not sure if its vegetarian)
    Poor guy has had some bad surprises over the years :angelic::hilarious:

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Desertau like this.
  4. Desertau

OK good, Yep, what us guys will do for our wives

bercrystal, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. reader

reader Well-Known Member

@Any Jewelry Could it be a modern marriage? The beads are a weird choice with that white thread. I like the pendant and tassel.

Any Jewelry and Desertau like this.
  6. Desertau

the white thread you you are referring to are small fresh water pearls, that could be strung on white thread but the thread isn’t visible.

kyratango likes this.
  7. Desertau

As I was passing on my new found knowledge, it’s Turkish, low quality silver and gemstones, so and so forth my sweetheart responds “I know… I checked because I wanted to be sure she wasn’t giving something too valuable.” Oh, OK. Hmmm could have mentioned this before I think (wisely) to myself, lol.

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

And you double-checked just to make sure.

kyratango and Desertau like this.
  9. reader

reader Well-Known Member

LOL looked on a phone…TY

Desertau likes this.
  10. Desertau

She’s been in the Jewelry business for a long time and knows this stuff as well as anyone… not antiques other than a lot of familiarity with Asian art from buying and selling but her circle growing up were the people with access to amazing collections I would love to talk about but probably shouldn’t.

she had an office in Shanghai and one in the Jewelry center in San Francisco doing both wholesale and retail with wholesale best customer best friend pricing from the factories she works with. She retired shortly after we met, but now that our daughter is out of college she is starting things up for her and has reestablished all her old connections to the factories she buys from and designs for.

the few little pieces of Amber insects I posted for fun were acquired years ago from a good friend in China that bought most of the inventory available over 30 years ago. Pearls, jades and gemstones she has someone in China for any of it.

but I want to say I have no intention of making a market place here, I’m not out to make money or violate any rules I truly enjoy the discussions here and if everyone can tolerate my posts I’m just having fun, if I get out of line I’m not offended be told to cool it.

this is a great place with amazing members.

kyratango likes this.
  11. evelyb30

OTOH if you want to show us some of what this lady found, or you did, feel free. We are willing to just drool.

Dessert58, Desertau and kyratango like this.
  12. Desertau

Everything on the internet is very public, one day i read a story I’d written on my jade website about the city of Jingdezhen, China it was a very flattering description of how beautiful the blue and white decorations were, there were areas the freeway structures were clad in blue and white porcelain street lights and benches and the civic pride nothing was defaced, I found this article I’d written used on a national tourism website. I was both flattered and surprised.

kyratango likes this.
  13. evelyb30

I just hope they attributed it! (said who wrote it)

Desertau and kyratango like this.
  14. Desertau

No, I haven’t.
    they didn’t and a year or so later it was gone.

15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It could be. The components are all modern too, btw. 'Ottoman' is just the name of the style.

Desertau, Dessert58 and kyratango like this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:joyful:
    Always good to check though.:)

The silver is likely to be .925, sterling, so a high fineness and not low quality at all. @Dessert58 can probably confirm this.
    That said, this style jewellery is mass produced and very inexpensive.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 9:53 AM
    Desertau, Dessert58 and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted