Featured Murano Glass Paperweight Value?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Sep 27, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday John,& what a great story.You've got a beautiful paperweight and a crisp,clean conscience w/ nothing clouding that beautiful work of art.
    PS-I also notice,now that we're older,our accumulation of 'stuff' seems much less important.Experiences are now what we're focusing on.

lvetterli and John Brassey like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

and your moral values are still intact as well....:happy:

Best Birthday wishes , winging their way to you !!!!!!;)

John Brassey likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday! You got the weight the best way - gift from a friend who knew what it was and wanted it in your house instead of hers.

Not if I got there first! Lalique jewelry is kaythanksbye material. It goes home and straight into the hoard.

4. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

I believe in the silent thank you method - there have been a handful of incidents (not nearly enough) where someone will sell me something of GREAT value for a small price - what I have done is just go back to the flea market and buy of bunch of their worthless crap and then donate the crap to a thrift - they don't need to know that they gave something away because it sours their mouth - in two of the incidents it was a yard sale and I simply dropped an envelope with cash through their mail slot when they were not home -

5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

At my age,anything over a grand gets chucked into the voracious jaws of the marketplace (w/ the permission of my better half)-i've only got so much room in my urn.;)
    PS-God, early Lalique Art Nouveau jewelry is exquisite.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Happy birthday, @John Brassey ! Late, but still sincere. And you are probably still celebrating, anyway.

komokwa and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted