Featured Mexican Silver Bracelet - Stone or Glass?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Kathy Anderson

Kathy Anderson Well-Known Member

They called those cushiony balls "coffee bean" 'back in the day.' I agree, Marie, it should be tested if what I'm seeing in the photo has brassy tones. It wasn't uncommon for "silver" to be stamped on the glass ones but in reality, they were silver-plated brass.

KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Kathy Anderson

Yeah; silver-testing can be frustrating because the chemical sold for it rapidly becomes unusable. Working with the 18k gold chemicals seems to be the trick. Great bracelet....there should be a necklace around somewhere that matches it.

Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

If you see a necklace I’d like to get it. If you don’t mind what search terms would you use. I was wondering why the silver test didn’t work. Thanks for the advice.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Kathy Anderson

I'll keep my eyes open. Try searching with these words: "taxco silver green necklace", "taxco coffee bean green necklace", "mexico silver green necklace." Have fun!

5. KikoBlueEyes

Most appreciated. :):):):):):)

komokwa likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

I will test this puppy, but that brassy look is due to the indoor lighting from my stained glass fixtures. It's straight silver in the sunlight. Getting better looking as I polish it.

i need help, Any Jewelry and Jivvy like this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks so much for this link. It lead to many interesting discussions and more links. It seems that this was a popular style of bracelet with many iterations. I was interested that some pieces with a mask were signed. I love this forum with its many diverse voices and points of view. The depth of knowledge is astonishing. I really appreciate you taking the time to find and post this for me. :):):):):)

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted