Featured Manifattura di Signa Terracotta Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by RachelW, Apr 3, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Re: 'Outdoor use'-I wouldn't.We never know when we're going to get a surprise freeze here (Portland,OR).We brought 3 or 4 big Italian terracotta vases up to Oregon when we moved & within several years they'd been shattered by the freezing ice & snow storms.
    We put them in the garage & covered them-didn't work.
    PS-It was either the interior solid oak floors or the pots,a no brainer.

Bronwen and RachelW like this.
  2. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Goodness I read the maker info from that website, didn't think there was more! Thank you.

Yes I've seen the bronze one, thats what gave me pause as the finish is so much smoother, but wasn't sure if thats the bronze effect or not.

The possibility of it being painted later on in life did come to mind a few times, but while odd in areas it almost seems too well done to be the case? Unless someone was a professional and got their hands on this...

Bronwen likes this.
  3. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

The question then is was the finish messed with in production or by different hands at a later time...

Oh no I wouldn't put this outdoors either Bronwen and Bosko! I had my eye on it orginally for an indoor plant, though I live in a mild climate. Though the factory specialized in outdoor use ornamants, they also did pedastals and urns for indoor or conservatory use (I think?).

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted