Looking for info about some estate sale purchases

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Sparrow, Nov 18, 2022.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

(LOL) Looks like a nice sturdy table. That nasty 70s fabric on the chairs needs to be gone, but for $110 ... just try and get a solid oak chair for that. One chair.

verybrad likes this.
  2. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

I prefer your Goodwill find to mom's set, but we got lucky and sold it unfinished. Mom does all her work at home, and stores unfinished pieces in my barn; we had a very young girl who wanted mom to custom paint a tall boy, and when she saw the dining table and chairs she asked how much. Mom said make me an offer, and the girl said $400, so that was a nice surprise. I don't think mom expected to get that much even after it was refinished.

I did find an identical sideboard on ebay (unsold) for $625, and similar ones on icollector that sold for an undisclosed amount and on 1stDibs for $1000, though the latter two were slightly different. I think we're going to clean it up and see what happens.

The first three are the ones online; the last is moms (with the china).

I love the vanity, but it's not really in sync with my house- i love Rococo and Art Nouveau; but i think mom plans to keep it.

Attached Files:

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Can't blame her.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the 1000 bucks was not the sale price......Dibs prices are unreliable ...

still, u have a nice piece

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Excellent! The set is still at Goodwill as of yesterday. I still have not broken down and bought it.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  6. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful set. My thrift stores have had nothing but junk the last few years for furniture.

7. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Brad - does that table come with 6 leaves?? :eek:

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Came with 4 leaves, though looks like there were probably 6 originally. Set sold yesterday. It is a good thing. I was getting very close to pulling the trigger... LOL!

There has been some very good buys in antique furniture of late in the thrifts. I have picked up a few small pieces for cheap. I will post a new thread when I get some pictures taken.

Aquitaine, Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  9. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Sometimes it's good to be saved from yourself!

Draft saved Draft deleted