Leiber bag: unusual surface pattern --Not leather?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by antique85, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

My opinion again but... The term "rare" is overused --- and overpromised -- on eBay. (And neither "unique" or "one of a kind" is right either.) If it were mine, I'd use something like Vintage 1960s JUDITH LEIBER Black Saffiano Leather Handbag w/ Gold Dolphin Clasp. (The clasp is a classical dolphin.) And I agree with @reader. Happy price + best offer.

Debora

antique85 likes this.
  2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

LOL Agree on one of a kind and unique-the bag is neither but I’m fine with Rare-it really is and Dolphin is IMO an important keyword-absolutely could not read the image. BTW I would not call the clasp gold. One word goldtone is safer.

antique85 likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Goldtone is safer but didn't fit in the title I wrote. (And I do think that "goldtone" is implied as it would be a very special handbag indeed to have a gold clasp.) Of course, just a suggestion.

Debora

antique85 likes this.
  4. reader

reader Well-Known Member

You’re right but there are so many documented cases of bots pulling the most ridiculous things that I’m always very conservative when I suggest titles.

antique85 likes this.
  5. antique85

antique85 Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the excellent advice on how to describe my bag when selling it: It is really helpful to know that the clasp is a dolphin. And I will be sure to use "gold-tone dolphin" as keywords. I am very appreciative of all the information everyone posted in this thread.

reader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted