Kris swords/daggers and a Mace? Anyone know these swords?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

i just realized today that filipino have their own keris!incredible

2. Silver Wolf

back in the past,mandau was used by dayak people to hunting their enemy head and it's called ngayau tradition,but nowadays there're less tribes war in kalimantan and so many mandau only just hang in the house as rememberance of their ancestor.

Let me tell one story,back in early 2000s when there're many chaos in indonesia,this chaos also happened in the land of kalimantan,and dayak people do the war with other peoples from outside kalimantan island,i'm sure you won't believe it but some people do really says that there're saw flying mandau that hunting the head of their enemies,usually this kind of mandau was owned by great shaman of dayak,in kalimantan itself mandau usually be sacrified and it has strong connection with magic.so that is :angelic::angelic:

Jivvy, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It spread throughout the Majapahit empire, even as far as southern Thailand. Those East Javanese have a lot to answer for.:playful:
    There are many stories like that about keris as well. There are also stories here in the Netherlands of keris that became invisible during German WW2 house searches. My husband's family had a keris that 'sweated' whenever there was a full moon. They had to put several towels under it. My main keris, a Nagaraja, is 'empty' during the height of a full moon, but the essence always returns. It just goes on a little journey.;)

komokwa likes this.
  4. Silver Wolf

i've just heard a sweating keris!tell me about that!

so did you bathing your keris last 1st september?because it's suro month in javanese,it use to cleanse the keris so the keris won't bring in you bad luck!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You heard it first on Antiquers.:hilarious: The Rajah's sweating keris. He was called rajah, not raden.
    Different regions, different traditions, different customs.;) I don't do the arsenic treatment because of my health. But don't worry, my keris like me and know what to expect. I even ask each one individually which oil it likes.:happy: And I get a yearly list of auspicious dates and times for certain keris activities. But even then it depends on my health. They know.:)

komokwa and Silver Wolf like this.
  6. Silver Wolf

what a such privilege:hilarious: btw i think it's raja,because rajah it's more indian,raja or radja:angelic:

7. Monmon298

Monmon298 Member

[​IMG]
    This is Filipino alright, the handle us the bakunawa dragon, which is prominent in the myths of many Filipino ethnolinguistic groups. A common myth is that the bakunawa ate 6 of the original 7 moons.

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted