Featured Jadeite? Glass Whatsit - Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bakersgma, Mar 13, 2017.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

is that an Airforce egg cup...?
    that's funny, y'know !!!:hilarious:

cxgirl likes this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Hi
    I just looked in my Jadite book and it is listed as an egg cup. It is listed under reproductions, but no reference as to who made it or when.

The color is very pretty and sometimes Jadite repro's sell very well.
    Case in point, some of Martha Stewart's jadite items can bring nice money as do others. Much good luck with it.
    :)

cxgirl, UncleChuckTX and Bakersgma like this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I sold MS so many pieces of Jadite why she needed to make all the new stuff. Luckily she had the good sense(?) to mark it MS. My favorite yard sale story had to do with a Jadite egg cup. I had two women duke it out over an egg cup. One smashed the others eye, blood squirting everywhere. I was looking around for Candid Camera. Someone called the police and they separated them and sent them on their way. The police then told me to pack it up and close down since it was the second time they were at my sale that day. The first was at 6AM when two guys were swinging at each other over their place in line. My sales used to be so exciting.
    greg

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Thank you, pearls!! No intention of selling, but it looks very nice cuddled up with a green Weller custard cup. ;)

Didn't Martha raise ducks or geese? :D

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I LOVE duck eggs! Growing up we had ducks for years,the eggs make the richest cakes! Not to mention all that delicious yolk fried in some butter,YUMMY! I think this might be a match holder.

judy and Rayo56 like this.
  6. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Thank you for looking it up!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I do too - unfortunately all of our tenants who raised (Long Island) ducklings kept most eggs for incubation.................they made more $ for the meat than the eggs.........................but we could "special request" them on occasion.....................

judy, dgbjwc, Bakersgma and 1 other person like this.
  8. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

The only ones I have found are also listed as egg cups. Does a votive candle fit?

judy likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

I just tried a 2 5/8" tall votive in a cylindrical glass holder that does fit (with a bit to spare all the way around) into the opening, but it does not go very far in (about half an inch) because of the rounded bottom of the interior. Looked rather awkward. I tried a tea light as well - which obviously went well down into the opening, but was tough to keep upright (again the rounded bottom of the opening got in the way of a proper fit.) I bet the color of the glass would look great with light inside, though!

judy likes this.
  10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

just got 3 Pekin duck eggs from her nest tonight. As compared to a Large egg from the grocery store - 000_7856.jpg

judy and Bakersgma like this.
  11. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

And too funny - not much snow BUT COLD wind blowing in - the Pekins thought they would go out running in the yard - they didn't even get past the garage before sitting down to tuck their feet!!

Attached Files:

judy, SBSVC and Bakersgma like this.
  12. Bakersgma

Their little toesies are gonna freeze!

13. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

I couldn't post the pics but had to do it this way!!
    Yep - that was really their first winter snow as I got them from last Easter!!

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  14. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

You know me, I have to put in my 2 cents. Toothpick holder?

--- Susan

Bakersgma likes this.
  15. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Just real today duck picks!! Even the runners were freezing!! They dropped liked flies!!
    000_7851.jpg 000_7852.jpg 000_7853.jpg 000_7854.jpg 000_7855.jpg

judy, cxgirl and SBSVC like this.
  16. Bakersgma

:hilarious: Who knows, could be! Seems a tad large for that, but hey, all thoughts are good thoughts!

17. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

18. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Maybe they make boots for ducks like they do for dogs. ;) :p :rolleyes: :D:D:D

pearlsnblume, SBSVC and judy like this.
  19. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

The positioning the plate made me pause a moment, I can tell you that....................

SBSVC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted