Featured Jade and silver bracelet - where & when?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by NewEngland, Dec 11, 2022.

1. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

The cabochon on Vitber photo looked to me quite matte and somehow more organic than stone. Probably it is just on the photo, though. I doubt we can establish any plausable hypothesis only from the photos.

NewEngland and Aznathalie like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You're only a click away.;) There is a lot online, not just here.
    That was my thinking, and a stone that was used a lot in the Soviet era, probably still is.

There is such a thing as green amber, most of it is artificially coloured, but it is a very different colour from these stones.
    Most stones used in Russia are not amber, so amber is not a 'go-to' stone, except if it has one of the classic Baltic amber colours.

3. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Any, yes, there is a lot online and I have read some so far but the problem is that most of this info is not verified in a decent way. One has to have experience and at least basic knowledge to start distinguishing which site or info to trust and which not to. Since visiting here I have found some things I have read in internet to be false or inaccurate. So it is a complex process like in any other field.
    About the stones, I am sure you and Nathahlie are right.

@NewEngland, I found the same bracelet with different color stones offered for 254 Euro on a Russian site. It says the stones are natural and nothing more. May help you about the price.
    https://www.livemaster.ru/item/43832034-vintazh-braslet-serebro-875-sssr-sverdlovsk-vintazh

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    Any Jewelry, Houseful and NewEngland like this.
  4. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ivy. I appreciate all your help!

Any Jewelry and IvaPan like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted