It's not hoarding ,if it's valuable

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lloyd249, Oct 20, 2015.

1. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

i used to do tattoos , now i do books ,crafts/folk-art

2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Well, if they do get published, please let me know.
    After The Furry Freak Brothers, not much offends me. The 1960s''70s and all.
    heh heh heh
    :hilarious::hilarious:

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

OMG - I'd forgotten about the furry freak brothers!

Messilane likes this.
  4. lloyd249

harold head did it for me lol

Attached Files:

Messilane likes this.
  5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Are they scratchboard drawings? I did some scratchboards many years ago in school and kind of liked the medium.

6. lloyd249

i first drew them in pencil on printer paper , then i took them to the print shop and had them printed in ink then when i was playing with them in paint shop and reversed color ,really liked them with the night look but it costs a fortune to print as they don't seem to make white ink for printers so it uses to much black ink . black on white cheap white on black it's 56 a book i have sold 30 (black on white paper ) and given away a few also trying to get it out there , signed lots of singles .little bit of a local celebrity lol drew one on a bar ceiling tile once with magic markers at the New Brunswick in Vermilion when me and the band i was managing at the time (near zero) played there.2001 or 2

7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha. Yes, printing in almost all black ink would get expensive!

8. lloyd249

yeah when i first asked them they said it would still be black and white charges but when it came right down to it ,they over charged 5 x lol

9. lloyd249

i have a Samsung cpl500 does both sides but only get 4 books per ink toner fill

10. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Both expensive and a pain, I imagine.

I wonder if there are any commercial processes that are less expensive? In the 50s-70s, my mother had photostats made of antique book plates that she incorporated in textile designs. The photostats produced images that reversed black and white and they had to do a second pass to produce images that were reversed back to the originals. But even if that process were being done today, the "black" was a bit gray.

Draft saved Draft deleted