Featured Is this really vintage

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Elly, Feb 13, 2022.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I do wish we could have somehow spoken with you BEFORE you shelled out 2 grand for it. She'd have had to show me hard proof of this "Italian designer" before I would have considered paying that much . Actually,to be brutally honest,Id have never paid 2 grand for that set. I do like it,and if you do thats really all that matters.

2. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Is that 2000 Canadian or US dollars, if Canadian that puts it down to around $1500 USD & sounds a lot better.:)

judy likes this.
  3. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

I've had the best results from Pinterest's image search tool, though they have made changes recently that seems to have made it less effective. I think most sellers would list the tables and chairs as Postmodern, likely from 70's or 80's. Willy Rizzo is an Italian designer who had a number of wood and chrome pieces, but it doesn't look like these are by him.

James Conrad and judy like this.
  4. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

By all means do your own searching, but frankly I suspect you are better off posting the pics here for Mark to image search, he is much better at it than anyone has the right to be, especially 20th century furniture.

komokwa and mark737 like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

she's out of Montreal, so 2 grand CDN......imo

BUT...

unless we r going cross border shopping......( I hear the bridge is open again..:happy:).... your 2 grand to u , is like my two grand to me.....
    or better.......

I just saw places in the US where big avocados were 4 for 5 bucks.....
    here..... 2 fir 7 bucks..........:bigtears:

$1.63 a litre for gas here....... :arghh:

6. James Conrad

Well, that makes it better in USD terms, 1500 & change in US dollars

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

And c£1100 GBP which doesn’t sound that unreasonable if it’s great quality.

James Conrad likes this.
  8. James Conrad

Exactly, trying to put the best spin on the transaction helps, particularly if OP was smitten with the furniture.

9. Elly

Elly New Member

I paid 2000 Canadian, which may or may not be too much :) :( But that's not really why I'm here. I'm more interested in finding out the brand or designer behind the piece .
    Does anyone know of any designer or furniture lines that have produced these sort of furniture ? Please try to give me as many names as you can . Thank you

Born2it likes this.
  10. komokwa

we help as best we can , and have fun while doing so.

Fid likes this.
  11. komokwa

12. James Conrad

With more & better photos you'd help that effort a lot.

komokwa likes this.
  13. James Conrad

I use Pinterest @mark737 suggestion and it works pretty well, thing is, without good photographs I don't think any image search works no matter which one is used.:)

komokwa likes this.
  14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

£1100 would be a deal. You can pay almost that for Ikea.

Fid and KSW like this.
  15. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

There was a lot of unbranded furniture coming out of Italy at that time. Much of it ended up in department stores and big city shops specializing in modern furniture. Without any kind of a label, I don't think you will find who made this. Some companies that come to mind are, Tonon, Ello, and A. Sibau but Can't think any of these are your maker.

Fid and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted