Info on silver vase?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by JennyD18, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

I think what we have here is a perfect posse of pictures of a pretty pewter pitcher placed on a pedestal for the puzzlement of prying and precocious people peering at it for the purpose of procuring proper perceptions about its past! :p

I'll...show myself out... :)

Figtree3, Christmasjoy, judy and 4 others like this.
  2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Whether it turns out to be Sterling or not, it’s lovely and interesting, (just like Gram)
    Hoping you enjoyed researching it and continue to share and learn on the forum!

Christmasjoy and JennyD18 like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It's totally fascinating.....SOMEONE HAS to be able to solve the mystery!!!! I wish I knew MORE!!!!! Have we gone the Arabic route yet??? Just thinking that from the previous link that @Huntingtreasure put up with that large basin.....I think around the top it looked like Arabic writing?????

4. JennyD18

JennyD18 Member

We're having so much fun with this! We would never sell it, so it's fine if it's not silver. I'd just like to learn more about all of the pictures and origins, and you all have given me so many leads how can I not crack the code?! :)

5. Huntingtreasure

i Haven’t seen any of these scenes combined so far. Will let you know if I find one.

Christmasjoy and JennyD18 like this.
  6. JennyD18

JennyD18 Member

Aquitaine, I'm really thinking it's a Parsi Zoroastrian piece. All of the tips on this page lead me to these pieces:
    http://www.michaelbackmanltd.com/3586.html
    http://www.michaelbackmanltd.com/2376.html
    http://www.michaelbackmanltd.com/2467.html
    http://michaelbackmanltd.com/2163.html
    http://www.josephcohenantiques.com/...roducts/small-shiraz-tea-pot-iran-circa-1900/

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2018-4-3_0-2-50.jpeg

There's hebrew script all the way up the side of the handle, but I'd like to see what's just below the thumb rest at the top.....

Christmasjoy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  8. Huntingtreasure

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. komokwa

nothing that I can read....

Oh...& too bad someone marked up the pitcher with that yellow marker........

Bawhahahaha!!!!!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Huntingtreasure

I usually start seeing things after a while. I’ll put my crayon away now! Teeheehee!

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  11. komokwa

I like that we have so many eyes with different view points , looking at items here....but I find that on occasion, folks see things that are not there.....and that too is an interesting dimension of our efforts..! :happy:

12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:confused: I only see a row of crescent shaped decorations.
    Looks like a town in the distance.

13. Any Jewelry

I agree, and it could be Indian Parsi. I always like to see Ahura Mazda on a Parsi piece, but that's just me being a nitpicker. The winged figure is Ahura Mazda, 'the Uncreated Creator':
    [​IMG]

14. komokwa

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpeg
    I see a lot more than just crescent shapes....

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  15. Huntingtreasure

I think AJ was referring to the area I hallucinated, with my crayon. :cyclops:

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  16. komokwa

on her 2nd comment.......not the 1st !

17. Huntingtreasure

There I go again.....

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  18. Any Jewelry

Are you sure that is Hebrew script? What does it say?
    Still looks like a row of crescent shaped indentations to me. Some more defined than others, that's all.
    I don't know of a combination of Parsi imagery and Hebrew script, which doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But Parsi (Zoroastrian) religion has influenced Judaism, for instance the introduction of dualism, not the other way around.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Christmasjoy and DragonflyWink like this.
  19. komokwa

I can't make out what it says.....but I'll bet my Bar Mitzva money that those are hebrew letters !!

I see gimmel, yud, vav. cuff, raish. mem, pay, & bait, lammed, ....how can you say they are just a row of crescents..??

Christmasjoy likes this.
  20. Huntingtreasure

I think theses are scenes from Xerxes Palace.

Draft saved Draft deleted