impressed chinese mark any idea who made this?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Feb 26, 2023.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

No, bosco...I'm beyond that, now. When I was young enough to enjoy the opportunity, I was far too busy in yard sales, flea markets an' antique malls...a crippling an' costly diversion that squandered 5 decades an' several small fortunes. The justice in life is to live long enough to wallow in the regrets of hindsight. Which Gulf Islands are you asking about?

2. wlwhittier

But, somehow, you do...
    I am categorically incapable of self-containment...spread out like a warm breakfast, from here to way over there.

3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

The Canadian Gulf Islands-Salt Spring,Pender,Mayne,right off the coast of Vancouver Island-beautiful place.

kentworld likes this.
  4. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I live in Victoria. Cruised in the gulf islands when we had our boat. They are a delight.

wlwhittier and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. bosko69

Incredibly beautiful area Kent.That's the real PNW,Portland's a bit of a 'poseur'.

kentworld likes this.
  6. wlwhittier

We're neighbors, guys...I'm in Port Angeles.

kentworld likes this.
  7. bosko69

Port Townsend & Angeles are both picturesque.Townsend seemed more 'yuppie' Angeles more down to earth-like Astoria,OR (where they filmed 'The Goonies') used to be.

wlwhittier likes this.
  8. wlwhittier

Yup...there were maybe half-dozen mills here when I arrived in '73; now only one of those remains, with a newer one a little west of town. We're a has-been Mill Town, for sure.

9. bosko69

We'd drive up old HWY 101 in the early 60's to see Grandparents in Eureka-Mills & Wigwam Burners the whole way.No Vineyards or Condos on the old Redwood Highway-it was all Logging,Loggers,ten-10 cent cafes & motor courts.

wlwhittier likes this.
  10. kentworld

I see you quite often from Dallas Road. :)

wlwhittier likes this.
  11. wlwhittier

You've goy better eyes than I, Gunga Din!

kentworld likes this.
  12. kentworld

I'll wave to you next time I'm out there! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted