Identify & Restore 1917 Violin

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Gorn1120, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Brenda Anna

Brenda Anna Well-Known Member

Here ya go:

chrisviolin1.jpg chrisviolin2.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very cool, Brenda! Nice job. :)

Brenda Anna likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

BEAUTIFUL, Brenda!!!!!! OH SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!;);););););):D:D

Brenda Anna likes this.
  4. Brenda Anna

Brenda Anna Well-Known Member

I'm going to pass your enthusiasm along to my friend. I've been trying to convince her to open her own Etsy shop. She doesn't seem to think she's all that talented. She does screen door paintings too.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Brenda,
    I haven't seen screen door paintings in years. All of our screen doors and window screens were painted. They were made of iron and would rust away f not painted. The aluminum and vinyl screens made that unnecessary in this day or and age.
    greg

Brenda Anna likes this.
  6. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

@Brenda Anna
    You and the OP @Gorn1120 are only 11 miles apart, it might be worthwhile corresponding with each other via "Private Message"

Brenda Anna likes this.
  7. Gorn1120

Gorn1120 New Member

I was wondering where the thread conversation went! As for location, I should be somewhere near her.

I still think it's worth restoring, but if others think this is not advisable - speak now or forever hold your tongue! :cat:

However, this project is on halt until I go retrieve the violin. I appreciate all of the insight the community has throw down.

8. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

My guess is that it would have minimal (under $200) value if made playable, and that making it playable might well cost $100-$150. I'd suggest taking it to one of the shops in the list in post #39; they would give an honest answer as to whether it was worth repairing, and might well give an informal estimate of value, without charge.

Draft saved Draft deleted