Featured ID on bisque female head figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by OldThing, Apr 30, 2024.

1. OldThing

OldThing Member

Hello everyone :) Been a while, but I'm back with another interesting box find. This appears to be a bisque porcelain figure. For the life of me I cannot work out what it is for. Not even sure if it's an antique, however it was the receptacle for some very old handmade cotton & lace wine glass foot covers (when was the last time those were a thing?), and I remember my mother having it on her dressing table for a very long time. The entire back is open and there are no "drainage" holes. No maker's mark. The eyes appear to be glass, as they will allow light through. So does the face when you shine a torch behind it. Stands approx 95mm high, 90mm at wide and weighs 170g. Appreciate any pointers to solve the puzzle. Thanks :) bisque doll head i.jpg bisque doll head g.jpg bisque doll head d.jpg bisque doll head j.jpg bisque doll head i.jpg bisque doll head g.jpg bisque doll head d.jpg bisque doll head j.jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Creepy in a way but I like it ! Id guess 1950s ,mainly because of the colors.

Figtree3, OldThing and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Tealight holder like this owl?
    323f4898-356a-4dfd-a445-0b72fe07eef1.jpg e38197b6-358c-4b00-851a-bfe5957aa3f7.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Planter?

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted