Featured Hoarder or storer?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by afantiques, Sep 12, 2014.

1. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Were I a woman, I think I'd view anyone who considered shoes a deal breaker, a consummation devoutly to be missed.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My ex-wife was a shoe nut. She had over 600 pairs some NEVER worn. It helped that she modeled shoes and some of them were free. I have noticed that the less shoe there is the more it costs. :p
    greg

3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I have a relative who (among other sexist things) believes all women should wear 4- 5" heels ..Of course every time he brings it up--I tell him I will if he will..:p
    Meanwhile I happily wear my sneakers with orthodics !;)

KingofThings likes this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I know several men:rolleyes: who can run faster than any women wearing heels.
    Some "trannies" legs look better in heels.:D
    greg

5. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I can run,dance and use my heels for self defence but I only wear them on special occasions. In the summer I prefere to be in flip flops or barefooted. Around the horses I wear western boots.
    This is my winter footware, very sexy HUH?:p
    DSCN2517.JPG

KingofThings, antidiem and Figtree3 like this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I don't think that's "too many" shoes, seems an average amount to me! hee!

I have more socks than I will ever need. haha! ;)

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Works the same way with women"s swimwear !!!:peeking:

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

You know you could sell that image on Ebay for lots of bucks. Really. Check it out.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

My son decided that since he can't get out and do some work that he had scheduled (four feet of snow tends to inhibit a lot of activities) he'd go dig around in his attic. LOL. Turns out, he's just like his Mom. My house looks great. Just don't look in the attic, the spare room or on the enclosed porch.

KingofThings and Messilane like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I haven't worn a heel higher than 1.5 inches since the MS chewed one piece too many off my nerve endings. It doesn't help that I wear a 10.5 medium with a 4A heel. Even if I could afford to be a shoe hoarder I couldn't find any in my size!

11. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I thought the same thing. Neatness would make a difference.

12. KingofThings

Not that you asked....but I'd start with putting all those great clocks on one wall with shelves as required. :)

13. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

However large the house there are only so many walls, and filling one or more with clocks can meet some resistance.

14. KingofThings

There looked to be room to do so and free up other space to get more off the floor. :) Better for the clocks too. :)

15. evelyb30

Floor? (confused look) Haven't seen mine in some parts of the house in quite a while.

16. KingofThings

HA! Well...see what happens with assumptions. ;) I didn't occur to me that your home could be 2 story, or more, and basement, without floors. ;)

17. evelyb30

In the sewing room/craft room/crap room I haven't seen half the floor in years. Maybe more than half.

18. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

My daughters have figured out if we purge my hoard $$ So off tomorrow with another daughter to sell some carp. I am getting to a scary part probably for a hoarder storer. One part of me wants to be so free of clutter, the other fears I won't have a hoard and misses the sold items lol. I have about 6-8 boxes of things (from just a path in my living room entry 10 years ago or so) to ponder and tons of frames, worthless and glass, that's next
    The rest of the house was clear but 2 rooms were stacked, (spare room full to top and shed barely closed, every drawer/closet packed) was working tons and shopping tons. Much went to one auction, broke me heart....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  19. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I have my costume jewelry in about a million shoe boxes. It is the only thing I hoard, having cleaned out the house and the basement..... I have a rule, if I bring something new in (except jewelry), something must go to the thrift shop. I keep a box in the back room and when it is full, move it to the car trunk. Has been working for me. We have an old house with hardly any closets or storage space. Hubby has to get rid of old tech computer stuff, though.

20. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

The shoe boxes are stored on Ikea book shelving units, but I need another one. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted