Featured Hoarder or storer?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by afantiques, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Whilst going through another box just now, I found my instructions for a Dr Who scarf!
    I have had this thing for almost 40 years or so. Never did make one up.

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I am now totally exhausted as I have cleared another 15 square feet or more of garage floor space and organised a large amount of packing material and empty cardboard boxes so if I get the house clearance that I am after, they can be loaded and away instantly, and if I don't get it, they are all ready to be taken to the rubbish tip as no longer needed.

3. Messilane

You make me feel like a slug. :(
    :D

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  4. afantiques

You are more than welcomed to some from my garden. Personally I prefer cashew nuts. :)

5. Messilane

Had plenty of our own this summer, thank you very much!

mmmm Cashews. Love 'em.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Email me the directions!!! I made one for one of my sons years ago, but now my grandson is a huge Dr. Who fan and I'd like to make one for him.

8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

OMG. It sounds like me and my husband. He works all day and all he wants to do at night is sit in front of the "telly." He's a college graduate, well-traveled and well-read, but he doesn't want to have a conversation at all. Just zone out. LOL. I'm going to show him this to see if he recognizes 'imself.

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Does he like the new Dr ?
    I'm having trouble missing Matt Smith !

Tina likes this.
  10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I was the office manager at the local Museum of Natural History, but when they needed someone to walk around with the four foot long milk snake, I would do it so the kids could pat it. One day, my wrist felt funny. I looked down and she was clamping her jaws around it. I put her back in the tank. The exhibits manager called me a wuss and started walking around with her. A few minutes later, he put her back in a fluster because she'd tried chomping his arm. Later in the afternoon, I went by and checked. She'd laid a cluster of eggs. She was just trying to communicate her distress. :)

11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I'm not up on the new Doctors. I still yearn for Tom Baker. He liked the guy in the three piece suit from about three or four years ago. David Tennant. I don't like the new one, Peter Capaldi, at all.

12. Messilane

Bev, message me your address, and I will send it to you.
    I got it from a local PBS station in Madison, WI back in the day - I forget how/why.

13. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

My curiosity is killin me, what you gonna do with all that stuff af lol
    sell it keep it?

14. afantiques

Ideally, I'll sell it. In practice much of it may just sit around for years getting more antique. It's a race between my getting too feeble to do the selling, and the stuff becoming desirable enough to be bought.

15. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Well I started on my basement and got a little done. Then this morning look who I found just hanging out down there. Juvenile black rat snake and none too happy about being caught. Wonder where mom is :( This makes three in about a month.
    Black rat snake juvenile 3.jpg :(

spirit-of-shiloh and antidiem like this.
  16. Messilane

Ooooo! Pretty!

17. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

We have black snakes outside which is fine, well mostly fine. I'm just not feelin it living with them inside LOL!

Here is one that actually swallowed an egg in the laying box. I moved him a couple hundred feet away and he came back a day later.

1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    spirit-of-shiloh and antidiem like this.
  18. Messilane

Amazing creatures, but like you say . . .
    :)

19. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

super clean-up AF, my office area is messier than last time I posted. Fortunately, this is the basement level/garden level, upstairs has only hint of my resale business. hoarder.jpg

antidiem likes this.
  20. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

snakes are good, just not in your house. The fear here in s. cal are rattlesnakes and there are lots of them around.

Draft saved Draft deleted