Featured Hoarder or storer?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by afantiques, Sep 12, 2014.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Great shelf bercrystal. Looks nice and sturdy. I need one of those...it would hold my entire "inventory", I'm afraid. I rarely find anything at all from week to week.

Thanks!! I had them built when we moved into this house because I knew I was going to have to have someplace to put all my stuff till it sold. My room is right off the kitchen & family room area so I wanted something that would look nice as well as hold tons of stuff.

Bercrystal, I have the same "can't get to things 'cause of the stuff in the way" situation in some places in my house. I know the frustration!

I think we all feel this frustration. None of us can pass up buying something because we know we may never see the item again. So we take it home & it gets placed in front of the stuff we already had there & before you know it we can never seem to get to the original layer. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

I found when I got one room done I kept going back to look at it.

Even half a room is a plus, it gives you a place to put the stuff you are sorting out.

I find myself admiring the area everytime I have to go out to the garage. It makes me want to get the rest of it done so that I don't feel like a rat in a maze going from one area to another. :confused:

We had to wait till Saturday to move the table into its spot because it was raining most of Friday & in order to have enough room for this table (it is 8' long & 2' wide) we had to move quite a bit out onto the driveway. Hopefully next weekend will be nice so that maybe I can get onto phase 2.

spirit-of-shiloh and Pat P like this.
  2. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I LOVE the rolled bubblewrap holder. I think I will make one like that,Love it :)

3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I missed the bubblewrap holder. Definitely a great idea.

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The bubblewrap holder was actually added on to the small packing table I used at the other house. It can accommodate 2 rolls & one of these days I have to get someone to get me a roll of my 12x12 sheets down from the attic. I have all of my Priority mail boxes stored on the shelf under the table.

I wanted something larger & taller so that I can accommodate the totes of misc. packing supplies. It will eventually be located near the holder so that everything will be readily accessible.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Ahhhh ... know the can't get organized because everything is so disorganized and in the way feeling. I actually cleared an aisle all the way back in the storage unit but immediately clogged it back up with new purchases. :meh:

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Brad,
    used to do the same thing, However it can be done, it is not easy but if I could do it anyone could. Now if I could do something with these columns, I am falling off the wagon again. "Who are you going to call". Clutter Busters.
    greg

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  7. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

To whomever it was who had a problem with storing and being also able to see, picture frames:

IF one has an empty wall somewhere, one can hang them empty. The good thing about hanging them is that not only are they visible, but one can hang them inside each other so as to conserve space. If the only empty wall is the guest room, put them up in patterns and say its a giant collage. Or a geometric still life.

8. gregsglass

Hi Silver,
    You made me laugh. When I was in school and had nothing but I did have a lot of empty frames. I hung the frames and had notes typed up on the back of notecards
    saying "On loan to the Metropolitan Museum of Art" "lent to the National Gallery of Art display 1966" etc and placed them in the center of the empty frames.
    My first hospital job started two weeks before Christmas. The next day was the judging of the office Christmas decor. Well I had no time to do anything and the light blub lite up. I taped up sheets of construction paper in different colors. hand wrote " Santa's suit under the microscope" for the red, same for green of the tree. Black was Santa's belt etc. Got me the prize for originality.
    greg

9. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... Always been like this, have you? Verrrry interesting. And clever.

(signed Arte Johnson)

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm going to start to clear one room at a time. Will start with my dining room as Thanksgiving is Oct 13th and family start showing up on the 10th - we need the table for Tom Turkey and poker. This doesn't look too bad (I try and convince myself) as I'm not showing the 10 or so banana boxes on the floor.
    DSC09030.jpg

antidiem and spirit-of-shiloh like this.
  11. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

LOL, Cxgirl! Looks like my dining room -- I have stuff that needs to be moved before Thanksgiving -- which, for our American friends, in Canada is this coming weekend.

cxgirl likes this.
  12. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Some rooms I am not allowed to clutter. The Christmas stuff (cards, decorations, parcels) is from last year, not a fixture.

1-P1030058.JPG

1-P1030059.JPG

1-P1030060.JPG
    The study/office, not shown here is in a permanent state of flux with the forces of Chaos and Order in a slow struggle for hegemony.

13. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

cxgirl, I love the wood in your lovely dining room :)

Af, your home is gorgeous :)

antidiem likes this.
  14. gregsglass

Hi Af,
    I like your home also. On the down note you are showing Christmas even tho last year. They are playing carols here and it's not even Halloween. It keeps giving me jiggers, feeling that November was skipped.
    greg

15. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I have been busy clearing part of the garage in case I get a load of stuff I'm after. On the bright side,if I don't get it I have made some space for other junk. I found the vast open space so impressive I spent some time just walking round in it. Two paces that way, three paces this way, 1-P1030981.JPG two paces another way.................

1-P1030984.JPG

But the shed has suffered a bit lately so that's the next job.

1-P1030987.JPG

16. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Shoot - I actually cleared out my living room last week. It probably took me 30 or more hours. Some stuff went upstairs, some came to the store, and some was donated. I'll have to take pictures when I get home.

17. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

BTW, I still want IN to your shed Af.

18. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

All I have done is tidy my bookcase.
    sigh . . .

19. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I vacuumed around everything yesterday. Does that count?

Oh ....... and moved a box of paintings from one room to another. We go for small successes around here :woot:

20. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Although I had nothing to compare to some of the photos in this thread, last weekend I did somewhat clean up a corner of the living room that was starting to collect a lot of "stuff."

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted