Help with artist signature on returned Jewish/Rabbi painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The item & the shop it came from are not available on Etsy. I did not see the whole painting pinned to that board with the signature pic.

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I googled in Rabbi paintings and this came up in that particular category on Pinterest. The siggie looked very similar so I posted it, I couldn’t get any further but hoped someone else could via Pinterest, pity that’s as far as it went but I thought it worth posting.

Bronwen likes this.
  3. Houseful

Sadly that’s where it seems to be as far as anyone can get. At least there may be other works out there, as I said it came up when I googled in Rabbi paintings but didn’t show the whole painting just a similar siggie.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Bronwen

It was a promising lead, very much to be followed.

Since it turned up in the search for paintings of rabbis, I went back to look again at pinners additional info (self promo stuff) & comments (nada). My only thought is that the original file name ,now replaced with one assigned by Pinterest, included term(s) you were looking for & that somehow that info is preserved & accessible to search. It's mysterious why it was posted at all, very different from anything else on the board. :confused:

Houseful likes this.
  5. Bronwen

Houseful likes this.
  6. Bronwen

It was the first result in the search I ran, so suspect 'Vanderbilt' was also part of the file name.

Houseful likes this.
  7. Houseful

The Etsy and Journeys signature look more like Gloria Vanderbilts!

Bronwen likes this.
  8. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I ended up selling it today for $150 - thank you guys for all the info/searching!

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted