Featured Help identifying/dating an antique brooch with a woman's head/dragons

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Chloé06, Aug 17, 2024.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I was just viewing this for the first time, and had similar thoughts and feelings. I hope Jivvy is doing well. Can't tell whether she still logs in here, but her last previous post was in January 2020.

4. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

She seemed to really love y'all. I'm afraid being unable would be the only thing to stop her posting. I'm sure there are bigger things on Mr Jivvy's mind but I wish he'd thought to let y'all know her status. And maybe see all the lovely posts she made, and sweet thoughts y'all had for her.

bercrystal, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

We have not been in contact in quite a long time now, but when Jivvy & I were chitchatting around the time she withdrew from the site there did not seem to be any health or interpersonal issues behind it. My guess has always been that she found herself in the position of an addict who had to quit cold turkey. If you try to tag her you'll see you get no prompt after typing the first 3 characters, so I assume she terminated her membership.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Jivvy is great, and a lot of fun. She had to stop posting because she was going too deep down the Antiquers rabbit holes, and it was beginning to interfere with her work. I believe she was a freelancer, self-employed, so being able to work was essential. It always is, of course, but if you are the driving force behind your livelihood things are more pressing. I'm sure you know the feeling.
    I hope she will return some day, because I really miss her, and so do many others.:)

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Oops, cross-posted, but you are right, that's what it was.

bercrystal and kyratango like this.
  8. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Her last post mentioning health made me worry for her, but I'm happy if y'all think that was not the case. Then I wish she'd made a little farewell (for now) post. But I understand why she would not. Y'all are just a really caring group so it's not like quitting social media where no one cares if you're gone. I hope she's having a wonderful time researching whatever excites her now. :joyful:

Any Jewelry, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I was wondering just because her last post was made right around the beginning of the Covid era... although she was recovering well from her previous health situation. I remember that she had said she was leaving the site for the same reasons that Bronwen and others have mentioned.

Well just found a note from @Bronwen from Oct 2020, so am less concerned.
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/has-anyone-heard-from-jivvy.44514/page-9#post-2810518

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
  10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I think it looks like a stylized griffon

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted