Help identifying an antique porcelain egg form vase with fairies. Cobalt horseshoe (?) mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ANAM, Feb 6, 2021.

1. ANAM

ANAM New Member

The mark does look very much like the Ernst Heubach horseshoe, but did they make porcelain items other than dolls? Such a fun mystery! Thank you for your time.

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

If you do a search for Ernst Heubach figurine, you will find the egg was used many times. They weren't just doll makers............

ANAM and Van_Poperin like this.
  4. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

American company Harker (lower right mark) looks like a better fit for what's inside the horseshoe. There are still issues as the circular ends of the Harker shoes don't quite match up. Untitled.jpg

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Would find it very hard to believe it's Harker.............

dgbjwc and Van_Poperin like this.
  6. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

Agreed. The giveaway on the Heubach horseshoe is an artistic idiosyncrasy: the side of the horseshoe is visible on both sides, where it should not be possible to see both on a normal 3D shoe. Not likely another maker would borrow or imitate that.
    0E901E95-78BA-4433-A83A-98FD87C0033B.jpeg

judy and ANAM like this.
  7. ANAM

ANAM New Member

8. ANAM

ANAM New Member

So grateful to you all for the information!
    Just pulled up some of the egg-themed Ernst Heubach figurines and can definitely see a correlation.
    I am clearing out cupboards and parting with things. Wouldn't it be wonderful to find a valuable sleeper? :) Especially in these crazy times.

judy and ritzyvintage like this.
  9. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

horseshoe or writing? Perhaps we'll never know, but the piece itself may establish it for certain if another same example can be found? I say horseshoe myself, but then again... :rolleyes::(:angelic::banghead::banghead::banghead: it could be writing!!!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted