Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Scott, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, Scott -- I'm also happy to see somebody who found this site through a search! If you end up reading some of the threads here, many people here have connected before through the former eBay discussion boards, which were converted to a different format very recently. This site came along at the right time. I have seen others here who are not from that group, though. It's good to see you.

2. Scott

Scott Active Member

Thanks so much!

3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The more the merrier, and welcome, Scott! I like to see people's collections, so please post some pix when you have time. :)

4. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Welcome Scott. Sounds like your field of expertise will be a real asset here.
    There are some great folks on our glass and pots board already, and we're all here to share and have a good time.

I'm a glassie too. Love it all from Sandwich lacy to Venini. Know or thing or two about a little of it myself. (I particularly fancy colored lacy period master salts and high end bottles.)

I would love to see any Sandwich/Mt. Washington sets you might have.

5. Scott

Scott Active Member

An observation I just made that someone may be able to clear up for me?
    I was reading the rules and I agree with them, there is certainly no issue. However I have one question. The point about discussing religion and politics, I find after this statement was made, there is a small comment stating the "Atheism is a non profit organization".

How should that be taken given the rule about religion? Or the lack there of? Is this the promotion of Atheism?

I think this is a fair question,
    Scott

6. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Hi Scott and welcome..
    I believe that is an added quote or tag line of one of our members. I don't think it should be taken seriously. A lot of members have these and most are famous quotes.
    Mikey

7. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

"Atheism is a non prophet organization".

It's a well known joke, but I assume you're being a bit tongue in cheek there. :)

8. Scott

Scott Active Member

I guess I lead a sheltered life, never heard of it. I just thought it was rather contradictory of posting rules about religion, whichin in a way , include this. Kind of do as I say, not as I do.
    Well, enough said, its not worth any further discussion.

9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Apparently you can turn off signatures if you prefer. Then you won't see those little added-on comments.

Draft saved Draft deleted