Featured gold bead necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by quirkygirl, Jan 13, 2023.

1. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I live in a smaller city so we have 3 plus a bins. The 2 superstores are actually located in 2 different suburbs. I'm sure it'll change, but last week I walked in right after someone snagged an antique greenman vitrine with it's original curved glass. I'm still sad lol.

We'll see how long that lasts... :nailbiting:

kyratango and KSW like this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

How old do you think the vitrine was ?

kyratango likes this.
  3. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Furniture is not my wheelhouse, so still an area I'm learning in, but old enough to have wavy cylinder glass. I've been looking for a smaller standing vitrine for a decent price so that one is going to haunt me. :bigtears:

kyratango likes this.
  4. bosko69

To find something that big,obvious (and Cheap ?) at a GW-it couldn't have lasted long.I've had a ton of picks like that,just the luck of the draw ! The 10 other dealers there would've grabbed it too-just a split second hands on thing.
    Hand/Eye coordination-like being a quick-draw artist.
    PS-I normally check out the Art 1st,so I would bypassed the furniture & missed it.

kyratango and mirana like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I saw another dealer walking around right as entered the Ill Will today. Dunno what she was looking for, but I spotted a Viking glass compote in bright blue and made off with it.

The market has changed; there was a beautiful set, probably incomplete, of Hutschenreuther porcelain sitting there. When I left it was still sitting. If it had been $25 I'd have made off with it, but they had $75 on it unfortunately. It had gold on the rim and the metallics don't sell.

IvaPan and mirana like this.
  6. bosko69

The Market's nutty-saw that big-time during the 2008 Subprime Mortgage Crash. I walk round the house & see GW stuff when it was truly GoodGW.Some stuff still seeps thru the cracks though I guess.

mirana likes this.
  7. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I just tell myself my home is small and it's best the deals come along slowly! I don't have time to resell like I used to. You're right it is very much luck of the draw...and we tend to go at terrible times now so it keeps me in check. Except for the online stuff...:bag:....then I just have to struggle with willpower.

kyratango likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Somtimes "good stuff" shows up, but it's yesterday's good stuff. One time last year I found a perfect condition figurine for a dollar. It was a Hummel. Bought it to be able to say I'd bought one. Flipped it for $5. Whoop-de-doo.:yawn::yawn::yawn:

mirana and kyratango like this.
  9. bosko69

Yep-Just like TV ratings,Fashion & the stock mkt,stuff's hot & then it aint .
    I remember someone here posted pics (last 6-12 mos),it may have been a Granny's estate sale,sadly Gram had been a Hummel Aficionado-like 100-200 pieces !
    Tragically Gammy had prob spent the equivalent of a grandkids college fund on those knick knacks.

mirana likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

so much for gold beads...........:playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mirana likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted