Featured Found in an old toolbox

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by JMD, Sep 24, 2023.

1. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

I have my grandmothers sewing box. I’ve used it since I received it,about 25 years. 5 years ago I found a ring in it. No one remembers her ever wearing it.

johnnycb09, mirana, Figtree3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Sheath for collapsible umbrella found in fridge.

3. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

I used to keep scissors in the fridge (spare laundry room) it’s where we keep drinks I always knew where they were!

johnnycb09, mirana, ola402 and 2 others like this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

While I don't keep scissors in the frig, I do keep them on a shelf where the soda bottles are. The scissors are for cutting off the plastic holders around the bottles (among many other uses in that room).

5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

The moral of this story seems to be always look in the fridge when something is lost!

johnnycb09, Bronwen, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Don’t laugh, I’ve put bells on my house keys!

7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I recently misplaced a pair of kitchen shears. Can't find them anywhere, even in the fridge!

johnnycb09, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe in a jewellery box?:playful:

9. Figtree3

:playful::hilarious:

johnnycb09, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Do they have a tendency to sneak off? Our neighbours Labrador has bells for that very reason :hilarious:

11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Don't keys always sneak off?:confused: Mine do, but I've outsmarted them, I keep them in my pocket now.:smuggrin::hilarious:

johnnycb09, Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
  12. Bronwen

I lost a dessert size glass plate for weeks & only found it when I moved something while looking for something else. The plate was in between.

johnnycb09, Any Jewelry and Figtree3 like this.
  13. Ownedbybear

I spent an HOUR one night looking for my spare keys. I’d gone out to the bins with them in my paw. Came back in, no sodding keys. Total panic. Even went through the bins. I’d dropped them behind the landfill bin.

Hence the bells, Esmeralda. If I drop them again at least I’ll know.

Figtree3, Any Jewelry, mirana and 2 others like this.
  14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Everyone knows with car keys: First you check out dominant hand pants/trou pocket. Then check your other pocket. Then check your jacket. Then the purse where they were supposed to be in the first place. If not there. Check that first pocket again in case they were hiding. Happened to me once - at an estate sale. Rewalked everything to see if I could find them and asked for help. THey were "upstairs" in one pocket the whole bloomin' time!

Figtree3, Any Jewelry, mirana and 2 others like this.
  15. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

When I was much younger a friend let me wear one of his rings he inherited from his dad. A big honking thing,loaded with pave diamonds (they were Cuban,who love bling) .Long story short,I ran all over the city that day and was eating at a Pizza Hut when I noticed it was gone. I freaked out,tore the restaurant apart,tore my car apart ,went back to some of the places I stopped. Nada. I was beside myself. Go back to my friends and explain what had happened .He was understandably irked. I go to use his bathroom and I went to retuck my shirt and the ring fell out onto the floor ! Somehow it fell off and got stuck in my waistband area. When I had one ! Needless to say he was thrilled (but never let me wear his jewelry again) !

16. Bronwen

Anyone know where the remote control for my space heater is? Thought I'd ask, just in case.

At ease. Found it, although it seems to need a new battery. :sour:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  17. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I have not lost anything to the refrigerator/freezer yet (other than the cat that made a game of leaping in there once you turned your back on the closing door), but I distinctly remember Whoopi Goldberg once doing a routine where she talked about how she lost her keys to a freezer so I eagerly await the day they somehow appear there.

Have only lost my keys once, to couch cushions at work. Which doesn't sound so bad except I think we had 15 couches at the time. After that loose pocket shorts were never allowed to hold my keys again.

I did once lose my favorite battery pack in a junk filled magical monster murder lair (not a euphemism), but one of my co-workers found it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've locked my keys in the trunk of the car more than once slid off my finger just before closing the lid.

Bronwen, Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  19. Ownedbybear

This is why I rather like my keyless car. You just walk up to it and it opens by magic.

20. Figtree3

I moved to a different state one year ago. Somehow in the change, I lost duplicate copies of keys to my mother's house. They were nowhere, in any of the boxes or containers that were moved. I checked everywhere that I found.

She had given copies of the keys to each of her children a year or two earlier. Now I'm the one who could use them the most, since I live close to her and check with her often. I told her I lost them, but keep forgetting to remind her to have others made for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted