Folk art anatomical gentlemen's erotic pocket toy or mass produced?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Kari Green, Feb 11, 2018.

1. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I've seen a few of these over the years. Probably '20s or '30s Germany.

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

...Omy...
    :wideyed:
    :)

kyratango likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well......I guess he can only be SO good...........GREAT effort......you can still keep tryin'.....to be good that is......:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OH but I am NOT TOUCHING THAT LINE.....NOPE!!!!! Ain't gettin' MY little fingers slapped!!!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

kyratango and KingofThings like this.
  5. KingofThings

... rock-et on...
    :)

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Tiny toys for tiny pockets where they can keep their tiny hands? :angelic::rolleyes:

Aquitaine, kyratango and KingofThings like this.
  7. KingofThings

“Short people have no reason...”
    ;)

8. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

kyratango and KingofThings like this.
  9. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

OH no, I never attempt to repair anything. The repair was done prior to my owning it. As to does it feel cold? Yes, it is cold on my cheek (thanks for the tip). I'm just not sure if I am feeling the coldness of the metal through the carved material. It is quite thin.

kyratango, KingofThings and Bronwen like this.
  10. Kari Green

Kari Green Member

A Stanhope viewer I have never heard of that, is that similar to a Stereographic photo viewer?

I agree that's what I think it is Celluloid. From what I have read it has been around since the late 1860s. I also agree that is exactly what it is a little peep show for very bad boys. I have seen things from China like this in Ivory, I own another piece sort of similar in Ivory. Also, I have heard of some very old pocket watches having enamel erotic scenes hidden behind the dial as a little peep show for the boys having their after-dinner brandy. Boys have always been boys!

kyratango, KingofThings and Bronwen like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it is a little peep show for very bad boys.

Good boys go to heaven..
    Bad Boys.....go everywhere !!

& don't you Gals just luv the Bad Boys !!!!;);)

12. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Mostly I like Good boys .. :) .. Joy.

13. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Notice I said "Mostly" .. HaHa .. :)

bluumz, pearlsnblume, komokwa and 6 others like this.
  14. Bronwen

You read it here first, folks.

Stumbled onto 1 on eBay once. As I recall, it was very similar to this little gizmo, or at least the action the clockworks provided was the same. Starting to imagine it 'chiming' the hour in its own way. :oops:

Not 3-D, just allows the viewing of a tiny picture in some tiny setting. I have encountered them as dangles (go to it boys) on simple key chains, made of plastic with what was once called a 'nudie' picture you could literally peep at. No doubt they were also made as souvenirs with a photo of something like the Grand Canyon inside, but others were exactly this sort of thing. Of course you piqued my curiosity about them, so had to look at Wiki. Stanhope invented the lens that makes them possible. How far they have fallen since being given as gems to Queen Victoria! :happy:

15. KingofThings

Stanhopes are semi common at car shows. They usually take a photo of the driver in the car as it arrives and come around later to see if you want to buy one or more.
    I have one of my '68 Nova SS.

Bronwen likes this.
  16. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Komo... when you have to saw... do you really move the plank rather than the saw?:bucktooth::rolleyes::hilarious::hilarious:

17. KingofThings

My word.....
    ;)

Bronwen, Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well.....not if I only need to go in a straight line.....you know....back and forth...back and forth.....but if it's for more delicate work......sometimes I'll flip the plank over ......or on it's side......or......you get it !!!! ;);):wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

19. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

OK, let me just guess that you ran across some "interesting" websites while doing your search ...

20. Bronwen

Because the market for these would not have been women or men who are excited by seeing other men naked. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted