Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

oh that is beautiful Ivy:) the little feet look like they were made for the piece

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That is very nice, Ivy!

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

How delightful, Ivy!

It sure puts the little plastic, divided bobbin & thread boxes I use to shame!

4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Me too!

Bronwen, Christmasjoy and Poisonivy like this.
  5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I hit the afternoon estate sale, skipped morning sales. It was one for the pet peeves board, but I made out okay. Stay tuned here and on pet peeves treasure hunting.

6. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

Thank you :)
    They really do don't they, it's amazing how well they match.

7. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

It is isn't it, one of those lucky rare finds :)

8. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

One item from the estate sale yesterday, mystery hallmark, the lady was a compulsive HSN/QVC shopper. Posting with hallmark on the jewelry board.
    Birdie 1.jpg

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

wow, lots of bling on that bird:)

10. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Yes, the estate sale was Joan Rivers, Nolan Miller, Melania Trump, RLM Studios, and a bunch of other eclectic newer stuff. I have so much to photograph I don't know where to start. Bling City. Not complaining. Went back today three hours into the estate sale after going to an antique show, and most of the jewelry was still there at half price, so, of course, I bought more.

11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Sounds like quite the haul, Marko!

12. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I am going to tell the estate sale story on the Treasure Hunting Pet Peeves thread.

The antique show was fantastic, too. $5 jewelry tables all over, and a lot cheaper than that. This, however, while quite the bargain, was a bit more.
    Winograd Primavera 1 (480x640).jpg
    Winograd Primavera 2 (506x640).jpg
    Henryk Winograd's Primavera on a carnelian bead necklace. If I want to remove the pendant, I will have to cut the wire bead thread. The lady didn't really know what she had there. Marked HW999. I didn't know he only worked in almost pure silver.

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Is that spool rack for tatting?

Love the fine silver lady. I take it you didn't pay fine silver prices!

14. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

This is beautiful!

15. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Well, I fell in love with Winograd's ladies a long time ago, and passed on a plain cameo one at another estate sale that was $120 and they weren't budging on the price. It wasn't all that pretty to me. This one was marked $179, we played "Let's Make a Deal" with my cash, and I paid $150. I left the phone in the car to charge, so I had no idea if I got a bargain or not. When I looked up selling and sold prices on eBay, I almost fell over. I fell in love with this one at first sight. I also bought a gorgeous 800 silver iris glass pendant from the seller earlier in the day, so she was happy to see me again. Got an ab fab deal on that, too. I am gambling Winograd's prices will continue to rise, and this was too beautiful to pass up. It's one thing to see a picture online, but another to see it in person, actually hold it in your hand, try it on, and think about how you would feel leaving it behind then thinking you might want it, and it was sold.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  16. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

This is it for today
    sue 001.JPG
    Maybe covered my gas

17. evelyb30

Instant $9 profit if I'm counting correctly? I'd that deal any day, all day. Somebody was seriously asleep at the switch!

I stopped into an Ill Will today and bought two pieces. They had a jar there, overpriced at $35 for what was in it; it would have been overpriced at $20. OTOH someone didn't check everything the way they usually do and sold a sterling ring and a smallish 14k and sapphire brooch for $3 the pair plus sales tax. The brooch isn't marked; the ring is. Pictures when I can manage to get them uploaded.

Bronwen, pearlsnblume and BMRT like this.
  18. evelyb30

The bits in question, and the rest of the haul that's worth showing. It all came from one sale. The bracelet is a mix of cloisonne and cinnabar (or wanna-be), the wallet is Brighton. The necklaces are real stone and the blue bracelet is too. The pin is Wedgwood in need of a cleaning. The round necklace is one of the 1990s San Francisco makers; I forget which off hand.
    DSCF2117.JPG DSCF2116.JPG

19. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

My little haul today. A pair of mystery rose clip earrings I’ll post more about in the jewelry forum, a small jade(?) pig pendant strung on a red string, a set of marcasite sterling earrings with a J/J mark on the back, a surprisingly heavy sterling marcasite pair with what looks like amethyst, and sterling hoops. I feel I did okay, total $26. FB1FC7BE-04EE-4124-A105-A3302F11BC3B.jpeg F88B0CB5-9C7C-451F-84A5-300415B9AA4C.jpeg 9C7B92FA-2DF2-4141-B793-38B419371221.jpeg FAF0F526-77BF-43B0-B7D3-FF7FD767630B.jpeg B15842A9-6793-42B1-A758-5EAA44783C06.jpeg

20. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Evelyb - Did you happen to see that I might have solved your
    Enamel earrings - Dutch, Italian, Turkish.....?
    mystery?

Draft saved Draft deleted