Featured Finds Thread

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, May 25, 2014.

1. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

2. lloyd249

like i'm going to take no for an answer lol i own the oldest most beautiful painted chair in the world , and i have seen a lot of them now hehe , and he wants to claim his dad couldn't have done it , opinion are changeable with proper testing from his people and i'm willing to pay , i will write him another letter asking him to take a second look at it for sure get his people to test it then if they say no at least i can end this.
    I won't be happy until i have absolute proof this was not painted by him , It just doesn't make any sense that someone in canada , so long ago could have painted this and yet there are no others . it had to have left canada at some point and returned at another point and was used as a regular chair until it was painted , it's been around for 100 years and it will last another 100 or more years imo

cxgirl likes this.
  3. lloyd249

i will try to reason with him to get proper testing on it , there is a hair or a paint brush bristle imbedded in the paint at the top of one leg maybe i can have that tested, looks new and beautiful on the front and old broken ,withered, aged from the bottom which i think all Picasso's have that trait dora side by side.jpg chair 13.JPG

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    cxgirl and Bronwen like this.
  4. lloyd249

got my foot in the door anyways lol

5. lloyd249

i figure there's no way anyone in the world can authenticate anything from a few pics and a signature (without papers), look at sotheby's ,giving away a di vinci because they thought the signature wasn't right lol he got it for 19 thousand and sold it (after authentication from fingerprints and experts ) that it was in fact a di vinci and it sold for 447 million or so breaking , no smashing picasso's record of 147 million , there's way more to a painting than a signature

6. lloyd249

opinions wanted.... if i didn't sign a nondisclosure agreement with biro but he has one on the bottom ... do i have to abide by it ?

7. lloyd249

it's obviously a letter from his secretary and she only put her signature on it no actual names , so i went to the facebook page and low and behold there is her name so i started a chat with her she hasn't answered me yet . DSC08000.JPG DSC08002.JPG DSC08001.JPG looks like her siggy on it right

cxgirl likes this.
  8. lloyd249

it's the best conversation starter and i would love to have it in my kitchen , but it's in a box in a basement at a friends hahaha classic

cxgirl likes this.
  9. lloyd249

so i asked her if it's not a picasso is it the best fake in the world and what legal complications if any to use it in my book " I Slept On A Picasso" . do i need permission .

10. lloyd249

picked up this "vintage" coke phone for a song and a dance about a few months ago , selling it on kijiji , have been selling a lot there but i think i should get the helper i hired to list stuff on ebay instead DSC07684.JPG DSC07682.JPG

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. lloyd249

bought another train from a garage sale the other day for 75 bucks whoo whoo lol pics are a little blurry but you get it hehe DSC08003.JPG DSC08005.JPG DSC08004.JPG

Christmasjoy and cxgirl like this.
  12. lloyd249

oh and a vanity mirror .
    DSC07965.JPG

13. lloyd249

and a plasma cut playboy bunny lol

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. lloyd249

a ship called the cutty sark , wife won't let me sell it tho lol DSC07934.JPG DSC07932.JPG

15. lloyd249

and another, not built yet $_59 (16).jpg $_59 (15).jpg $_59 (17).jpg

16. lloyd249

and I bought a 2012 harley davidson the other day off nick for $8,000 , it's a 1200 with a stage 2 transmission and he did some other stuff that makes it a 1800 painted by the fellow (moldy lol) up like an old wwii airplane so now i have two air plane bikes lol , it was moldy's but he defaulted on the loan , one trip to sturgis on it from here to there and back , don't have any pics of it but i will soon, it's been sitting for a while so it needs a battery and some tlc and then i'm selling it because it's way too big for little old me

17. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Lloyd, you've definitely been busy! It's good to see you around again.

18. lloyd249

thank you and ya way lots more lol i have over 250 ads up on kijiji that take a lot of time up checking on it selling stuff , packing and shipping like i have said before i need to open a store , maybe in my retirement if i should live so long lol

19. lloyd249

i'm not even sure if devon is helping anymore lol it may have been too much for him

20. lloyd249

he's my daughters friend and i know a few of his family members , he's in her room right now they are playing the magic game , and it is canada day hehe

Draft saved Draft deleted